Scam/ghost

kwanad0
Community Member

Hi. Hope someone sees this post will be greatly appreciated. I got this film camera a month ago and the seller deleted the items and seems like I can't find it in the purchase history and do the return.

Long story short: got this camera, have some problems and need to be fixed, and told the seller, willing to pay for the fixing instead of doing the refund i agreed, and sent the receipt -> ghosted. Does anyone know how to do the refund and let Ebay to step in to help coz seems like I can't do it as this seller deleted the items and couldn't do the whole process like I mentioned above. 

Thank you so much :)) (sobbing right now)

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Scam/ghost

Ebay works like this.

You buy something.

If it doesn't arrive in time (by the estimated date of arrival shown in the ad) or if it is faulty or not as described in the ad in some way, you open an ebay claim.

You have to do that within 30 days of the estimated arrival date.

You don't negotiate with the seller.

You don't pay to return the item (if the seller wants it back, they pay for a postage label)

Some sellers, if you contact them, will mess you around in order to lull you into waiting & not opening a claim. They know if they can scam you into waiting over the 30 day mark, you may have no way of getting a refund. The fact you only have a feedback of 1 makes you look new so they hope you won't have read up on the terms & conditions etc or know how to make a claim. In your case, they were right.

You can contact ebay chat help. You can tell them the story-faulty camera, seller promised help, etc. Get them to check your messages. You are outside the 30 day window but just say you believe the selelr deliberately tried to scam you into waiting. You probably won't get anywhere although I have read of rare instances where ebay did step in and refund the buyer, so it is worth a try.

If that doesn't work, try a bank chargeback.

In future, just as a general guide, try to buy from sellers regsietred in Australia. 

Read up on how to open ebay claims if you ever need to.

And if you read of products with warranties, be aware that no matter what an ad says, there are rarely any genuine warranties on things bought via ebay so avoid things like phones, cameras etc from random sellers.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Scam/ghost

Not after a month with eBay, no

The time limit is 30 days after the latest estimated delivery date

You as the buyer have the tools when things like this happen, no scam, you simply need to follow policy 

The seller cannot delete the item from your purchase history for a start

Did you buy on the account you are posting with, another account or as a guest?

Don't play games with sellers like this

You open and follow through with an item not as described dispute. End of story

No "the seller said they will fix it /or pay for you to fix it'  etc etc  etc

Too late for sobbing , you need to use the tools you are given if you want ebay protection

Ebay is not going to step in when you have left it too long to open a dispute, and they certainly won't refund you for the repairs you got done

You really need to read up on the buyer basics 

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Scam/ghost

what is the item number?

did you buy as a guest?

exactly how many days ago?

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Scam/ghost

Order number: 16-10923-64581
Item ID: 196129330540

No I didn't buy it as a guest I even have a conversation with the seller and have all the history.

He or she knew the problem of the camera after I told them and suggest me instead of returning the camera and get the refund decided to pay for repair. But then I sent the receipt and ghost me, that time was within a month but now is already after a month. The last time they replied was 4/1

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Scam/ghost

14th Dec? If you paid by PayPal you have 180 days to lodge a dispute through them......Unfortunately, you've gone outside eBay's rules for lodging a dispute (30 days after expected delivery date)

Don't let a seller dupe you in the future!

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Scam/ghost

I used MasterCard unfortunately. Is there really no way that can contact eBay for help? Sorry if I asked too many questions I know this also can be my fault and should be more careful next time ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Scam/ghost

they have 5 red dots in last 12 months......try to do a chargeback through your bank.....all the best!

Consider getting a PayPal account....they give you 6 months

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Scam/ghost

Ebay works like this.

You buy something.

If it doesn't arrive in time (by the estimated date of arrival shown in the ad) or if it is faulty or not as described in the ad in some way, you open an ebay claim.

You have to do that within 30 days of the estimated arrival date.

You don't negotiate with the seller.

You don't pay to return the item (if the seller wants it back, they pay for a postage label)

Some sellers, if you contact them, will mess you around in order to lull you into waiting & not opening a claim. They know if they can scam you into waiting over the 30 day mark, you may have no way of getting a refund. The fact you only have a feedback of 1 makes you look new so they hope you won't have read up on the terms & conditions etc or know how to make a claim. In your case, they were right.

You can contact ebay chat help. You can tell them the story-faulty camera, seller promised help, etc. Get them to check your messages. You are outside the 30 day window but just say you believe the selelr deliberately tried to scam you into waiting. You probably won't get anywhere although I have read of rare instances where ebay did step in and refund the buyer, so it is worth a try.

If that doesn't work, try a bank chargeback.

In future, just as a general guide, try to buy from sellers regsietred in Australia. 

Read up on how to open ebay claims if you ever need to.

And if you read of products with warranties, be aware that no matter what an ad says, there are rarely any genuine warranties on things bought via ebay so avoid things like phones, cameras etc from random sellers.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Scam/ghost

thank you for your reply ๐Ÿ˜ž 

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Scam/ghost

how to chat with them if you don't mind me asking. I looked at that before and it's all articles and stuff 

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply