Scam warning. Paypal found in favor of him.

This individual sold me a dud controller. Claims its 100% genuine ps4 sony controller. It wasn't. It also didn't work. I messaged him asking for a refund, he said he'd send a new one. I waited a few weeks for the new one to arrive. It never did. I sent an irate message at him and waited for a reply.

He then tried some bs about how he'd been on vacation and hadn't read my message. He then said he'd send a replacement once again. I waited weeks again. It was about this time I took it to ebay and they told me to file a complaint with Paypal. Well, suffice to say they were useless. Despite the fact he had clearly been mucking me around and lying to me, paypal found in favor of him.

He'd strung me along to the point that my ability to report it had run out. I am not impressed and I'm naming and shaming this seller. I'm not the only one displeased with his service. He has received numerous negative feedbacks warning people that he is a scammer. It's obvious to anyone, plain as day that this seller is selling fraudulent goods, yet he's still listed, and I'm still out $70.

Make sure you avoid REMOVED He's most certainly a scam artist, and I'm very unimpressed with the way eBay and paypal have handled this. I now have to talk to my bank and see if I can get the charge reversed, because currently I'm out $72.15, and I sill dont have a replacement controller.

Thanks for nothing, eBay.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

@amaterasuthird wrote:

paypal said the time had run out 

Did you open a dispute, but then not escalate it to a claim, or was it longer than 180 days since purchase when the dispute was opened?

If the latter, there wasn't anything else PayPal could have done.

But if the former, and the dispute was opened within the allowed timeframe, as far as I know, not escalating is pretty much the only way a dispute will time out. (A PayPal dispute is initially to formally open up communication channels between buyer and seller, where they can each send messages through PayPal's resolution centre and hopefully come to a mutual agreement. If no agreement is reached, the buyer can escalate the dispute to a claim, and then PayPal will decide the outcome, based on the evidence provided by both parties - if your claim is that the item is counterfeit, you need to provide verifiable evidence from an authorised third party confirming that the item is not genuine). 

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Sorry for whats happened to you but the authorities won't do a thing and ebay won't shut them down as you didn't follow their policy.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

it hasnt been more than six months, no. It has been 2 or 3 at most.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

Paypal give six months to open a claim

I don't know why they would have told you time had run out if it has been 3 months max

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

another thing is when I made the purchase, the sale at sony was not currently active. Normally it is $90. The ebay (had it been legit) was 20 cheaper.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

I'm interested in the charge back you're thinking about doing,did you pay with a creditcard?

Or bank transfer or PayPal?

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply