Seller NOT allow RETURN -- HELPS !

mpt607
Community Member

Hi guys,

I recently bought the Verizon iphone4 on this seller <REMOVED> Few days later, my friends told me, the Verizon iphone4 do NOT have sim slot so it CANNOT be used in AUSTRALIA or my home country. I try to contact the seller immediately about this mistake but he did not reply :(( and I guess the problem is seller does not accept the return. So what should I do now? Is it possible for me to get my money back? 

That will be very nice if I could get the response/ help from you guys. ^^

Kind Regard,

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Seller NOT allow RETURN -- HELPS !

yarmak
Community Member

It is locked to Verzion from the looks of things.

Have you tried talking with your carrier or Verzion directly to find out if it can be unlocked?

Dave

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

No you can't get your money back. You could re sell it on eBay and try to get some of the money back that way. It's not really the sellers responsibility if you didn't find out the information before bidding.
It's just one of those things we have all done sometimes we win on eBay and sometimes we make mistakes.
When life gives you lemons.
Squeeze them into people's eyes
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

You could always sell it to someone else. Give a very very good description and mention everything.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

rkwm888
Community Member

if you're in australia why did you buy a phone from the US for, why not get one from here and if you have any problems you can get it sorted here

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

(cos they were really cheap, is my guess, and the OP thought he was getting a bargain - on BOTH of them)

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

iandru
Community Member

if you're anywhere near carribean gardens in melbourne i think there is a guy there that unlocks phones otherwise you could try googling how to unlock a verizon iphone 4 and follow the instructions

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

if you purchased it from outside australia NO You can not get your money back, as you have no way to post it backto the seller

australia post does not allow for the mailing of phones with batteries outside of australia

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Read the OP. The phone isn't locked, it doesn't have a SIM slot which means it can't be used in Australia at all

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Doesn't matter. The OP can't return it because iPhone batteries are not removable. In general. Without pulling the phone apart. Which would render any SNAD unprovable.

Which would tend to reinforce the edict to not buy phones online at all. And never from OS.

But that's just my risk-averse side talking. Which is also my logical side. I can go into Telstra tomorrow and get a new iPhone or Galaxy on a 2 year plan for effectively nothing.

Beats buying a scam-prone item online, especially when the seller is OS, and has no remedies available for OS sales.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply