Seller advertised pick up but says I must now pay postage

I won a bid for a book advertised as pick up in a particular suburb.  It was for my daughter and she lives in the same suburb, so I thought it would be perfect.  The seller tells me she is now in another state and I'll have to pay for postage of $16.  Am I bound to go ahead with the purchase?  I ah e sent two emails but have not gotten a reply.  Now ebay tells me I am overdue in my payment.  I have a screenshot of the ad clearly stating the incorrect address.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

A seller cannot add postage onto an item once it has been won at auction. Whatever was advertised at the time is what you pay.

The best way I can see to do this, is to pay only what is required - the winning auction price. That at least settles your part of the deal.

Since the seller cannot add postage at this point, they most likely will not send it.

(In a sense it is better for you to pay as buyers who do not pay end up being blocked by other sellers who have specific buyer requirements set up)

If they are not going to send it, then you can file an Item Not Received claim at the first opportunity and get your money back after a few days.

You can then leave the approppriate feedback.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Thank you.  It seems unfair that I pay for the item with the expectation that I won't receive it.  I understand your response as I don't want to be blocked, but surely it is the sellers responsibility to upgrade her location as well as the delivery options.  Seems wrong

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

For sure the seller is in the wrong and I agree that isn't fair on you. 

You cannot name the seller in the forums - but what was the item number?

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Hi.  I don't know where to find the item number, but on her/ his page they are advertising about ten items as click and collect, but the buyer has moved from W.A to N.T.  When I went to pay the item amount les postage as suggested , the total included the postage.  I am guessing this person is well in bases on click and collect addin postage after the bid has been accepted.  Can you tell me where the item number I need is located?  Thank you so much for your help.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Hi.  I don't know where to find the item number, but on her/ his page they are advertising about ten items as click and collect, but the buyer has moved from W.A to N.T.  When I went to pay the item amount les postage as suggested , the total included the postage.  I am guessing this person is well in bases on click and collect addin postage after the bid has been accepted.  Can you tell me where the item number I need is located?  Thank you so much for your help.

found it.  Item  number is 224051255945

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

I can't see free postage on the item number given

Nor a pick up option?

It shows $15.35 for standard postage or click and collect? (click and collect is not picking up from the buyer nor is it free, click and collect is where the seller posts it to the store selected by the buyer, the seller does not get this postage for free)

BUT I don't know what click and collect would have to do with the seller moving (except possibly a slightly higher postage cost to them)

What did it show under the postage options when you bid?

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

I just messaged the seller about another listing they have active, asking about the pickup location, and she replied within two minutes to say she's now in NT and not WA anymore, so she's definitely ignoring your emails.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Some of the listings are showing local pickup as an option, others are post only.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks, I was only  looking at the one that came up for the item number, the Meals Made Easy book 

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply