Seller cancelled and taking his time refunding

jdpen001
Community Member

I paid about USD$90 for an item which the seller then cancelled.  He's told me he'll pay me in six days from now (final date allowable by Ebay.)  Is there any reason why I shouldn't demand immediate repayment to my Visa card?  

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Seller cancelled and taking his time refunding

Is this a first? I have never come across a member that has -1

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

It happens.

Only for sellers these days.

If a new seller does the wrong thing, and a buyer gives them a neg as their only feedback their feedback will be -1.
Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

I've seen a -2 before. In fact, I might have helped them to achieve it ๐Ÿ˜„

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

Is this a first? I have never come across a member that has -1

The seller that is selling the possibly dodgy facemasks has a -1 as well crow.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

A cheap and inexpensive way to fix your negative feedback is to go buy a heap of $1 Chinese items you don't need and just take the instant feedback if they are still doing that during the pandemic.

Actually that's just given me a great idea. I must just start selling 'Feedback' for $1 each !
Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Giving a buyer a negative feedback isn't going to stop them buying. They could have a 1000 negs and it won't stop them. Unless they bid on an auction early, they have bought before you can possibly check their feedback and block them.

A valuable tool to be able to pull bids and block them during auctions, I've done that often when other red flags wave but the serial scammers would be clearly visible and stopped in their tracks, on that account anyway.

As for not stopping them buying, who cares, we don't have to post. Cancel, block & relist. Nothing lost. The alternative can be devastating.

The most dispicable part is that Ebay support the scammers, by hiding information about them from sellers, offering a money back guarantee for a brick in a box, empty box or smashed item (is there any company anywhere in the world or through history who has been stupid enough to do that? Of course not. Wouldn't happen if it was their money). I randomly came across a seller in the UK who sold 2 swords, sold for a total of about ยฃ2000, seperately, one worth a lot more than the other. Buyer opens a claim, whatever blah doesn't matter, ends up doing a return. Seller has to sign for it before opening of course, to find the cheaper sword damaged from poor packaging, and a brick! The missing sword was worth about ยฃ1400 I think, which the buyer got for free. A well executed but common scam. The seller had proof, but ebay of course didn't want to know, couldn't care less. 

The scammer apparently had a history of scams but ebay only removed the account when exposed in the media by this seller, also giving him a 'discretionary' refund. Buyer still got the free item. Ebay had the power to remove him long before but instead chose to aid the crimes. How is that right? Convince me that I'm wrong

Not allowing sellers to leave negative feedback should never have been implemented, neither should the money back guarantee

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

I think when you get to -5 or -6 you are NARU'd. That's how it used to be anyway.

I haven't been into buyer requirements for ages, but you used to be able to block buyers with less than 0 feedback, like the OP. I never had it ticked because it would be unlikely that anyone with less than 0 would be buying, due to the lack of being able to neg buyers. I never thought about those like the OP who have only had one transaction years ago, which went pear shaped.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

@jdpen001 wrote:

I paid about USD$90 for an item which the seller then cancelled.  He's told me he'll pay me in six days from now (final date allowable by Ebay.)  Is there any reason why I shouldn't demand immediate repayment to my Visa card?  

Hi, sorry to hear of your dilemma. Please just give the seller a bit longer to pay you back. Just a few more days. Send seller a message with "Please I need my money as I'm tied up and need it for other things". If seller does then I'd say don't worry about FB. In your case if you do feel you need FB,  best not to leave anything stronger than a Neutral. Also maybe do a few buys of easy to deliver stuff and get your FB looking good.

Best wishes for future deals.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply