Seller cancelled order and has said 'buyer asked to cancel'

Bought an item yesterday, but the seller has cancelled the order today saying 'buyer asked to cancel'. I never asked for the order to be cancelled. Is this even allowed? Will this affect my ability to buy stuff on eBay? Sorry for the stupid questions! Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nothing to do with you....buyer is either out of stock, unable to deliver, or something has happened to that item (damage etc)....it does NOT affect you!!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

nothing to do with you....buyer is either out of stock, unable to deliver, or something has happened to that item (damage etc)....it does NOT affect you!!

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Use the link blow to report the seller.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/report-issue-seller?id=4022

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

It is allowed - a seller can use one of very few excuses to cancel, and that, along with 'problem with buyer's address' is the only one that doesn't get them a potential slap.

The only way it can impact a buyer is if the seller uses 'did not pay' as a reason.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you for the replies, good to know buyers won't be affected in these instances.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

souraji
Community Member

Had this happen to me after 3 weeks... and this was for a hydrogel screen protector, don't think they sent it and they just refunded after three weeks, and I bought another one from a different seller... a month for a screen protector is a bit rich

He used "buyer asked to cancel" dishonestly and eBay seem to encourage this?

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@souraji wrote:

He used "buyer asked to cancel" dishonestly and eBay seem to encourage this?

Sellers will use that excuse so that they don't get a defect on their selling account.

Let your feedback do the talking - it may just stop them doing that if buyers see what they're up to.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I'm having the same trouble, I'm not requesting a cancellation but ebay is saying that buyer asked to cancel.

I've reorded with another seller, only to have it cancelled again. I'm not asking for a cancellation.

Have you found a solution to this problem.

Thanks

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@imascorpio61 wrote:

I'm having the same trouble, I'm not requesting a cancellation but ebay is saying that buyer asked to cancel.

I've reorded with another seller, only to have it cancelled again. I'm not asking for a cancellation.

Have you found a solution to this problem.

Thanks

Not much you can do,  sounds like you are buying items that are either dropped shipped or sellers don't hold stock off.   They are using the seller requested option to get around them getting a strike for nil stock.  You may be able to report the seller,  but not sure how effective that is.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Has happened to me too, said I requested  it cancelled which was bald faced lie. said item was unavailable when I questioned her about it, then she relisted it. 

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply