Seller cancelled sale for no reason.

I asked the seller if they would sell internationally and they replied yes, through the global shipping program. Even though the GSP is VERY expensive, the start price was reasonable, so if I won the item with one bid the deal would be worthwhile. I won the auction with one bid.After a day ebay requested that I pay for the item, at this stage they seller had not sent an invoice. I emailed the seller asking for an invoice so I could pay. The next day the seller said he didn,t know how I was able to bid as he doesn't sell overseas. He then cancelled the sale. I emailed the seller outlining our previous emails regarding selling internationally. I have not heard back. How is it that buyers are made to feel like they've broken the law by backing out of a sale ,and sellers can do it without any backlash? This is not the first time this has happened to me, so I guess this is probably occuring quite frequently. Sellers are constantly reminding potential buyers, "don't bid if you don't intend to pay" "a bid is a binding contract" What about they're responsibility as sellers? Are they not obligated to follow through with a sale? What recourse do I have?

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Seller cancelled sale for no reason.

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There is nothing you can do really.

No-one can force a seller to send the items and no-one can force a buyer to pay.

That is the reality of trading on ebay.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply