Seller claims all items not returned

I purchased a dual camera dash cam which ended up being faulty . Seller then shipped a new main camera to test . Faulty as well . Arranged with seller to return all items , which i did via registered post so  the seller had to sign for and check contents . Seller refunded money . 16 days later i get an email from seller stating only one main camera was in the package . I replied with an itemised list of items that were in the package . Does this happen very often . This is the first time i have had to return an item . 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Wow, that is not good. But I have heard of things like that happening before (from these boards). The advice and I know its way to late now, but for anyone else who might be returning an item for whatever reason. Photograph the process of packaging for return. It may be the only way to prove that all was packaged - in the end, it is your word against theirs.

Good luck, I hope you get a good outcome from all this.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I'd say this isn't something that happens very often at all - I guess if there's anything I'd be asking the seller is why they refunded and didn't query the contents of the parcel when received. If you kept your postage receipt for the parcel, it might also state on there how much it weighed, which could be further proof the package at least contained more than one camera. 

As they have refunded, there's probably little they can do from here either way, but unless they're being rude etc, I would try and help resolve the issue amicably. 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

check your post office receipt, it will have the weight of the parcel, that should indicate approximately if it was heavy enough to have had 2 and not one camera in it

perhaps?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

In all my years on the boards this is the first tme I have heard of somebody accepting a return, issuing the refund and then trying to claim later that not everything was included.

I would just ignore them.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I have not heard from them after i asked why it took 6 weeks to open a registered parcel that they had to sign for . Given that they emailed me the day it arrived and then deposited the refund .

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply