Seller has item, and money. Will not give refund, and is ignoring all my messages. What do I do?

This is obviously the same seller that I have been talking about before.

The story goes like this:

I bought a not as described laptop off him, and he told me to send it back (I have tracking number proof that he received it). So I sent it back to him, and then he claimed that it wasn't in the condition that he originally had it is (Which is obviously a load of bull****). I opened a dispute, but after a few days, he said he would give me a full refund if I closed it. I closed it, and he hasn't replied to any of my messages, or given me a refund since then. He is ignoring all contact that I send to him.

What do I do? He's pretty much thieved off of me as he has both the item, and the money I paid. I rung PayPal up to repon the dispute, but they said they can't.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Seller has item, and money. Will not give refund, and is ignoring all my messages. What do I do?

Good on you! I still maintain that truth is the best defence and that perseverance generally pays off in the end. I hope you get your money back and that your scumbag seller gets his just desserts.
Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

@send_me_it wrote:

No need to be so rude, ants in the pants.

I just rung ebay again, and reported him. The lady told me that I wasn't the first to complain about him as many other users have complained about him. She checked all the evidence, and said that it all adds up. Looks like Ebay is finding me in favor.

Looks like I may be getting my money back after all if that's what you didn't want :^)

She also advised me to contact the online fraud department and gave me the sellers contact details. She also said that she may be putting a permanent ban on his account. I tried to ring the seller, but it was a fake phone number. She also added this to the evidence when I rung again, and said that he seems  very suspicious despite all his positive feedback.

Rude ? Didn't want you to get your money back ?

Good heavens, how on earth did you manage to read my post as being rude and not wanting you to get your money back ?

I expressed sympathy for you earlier and I was simply stating I couldn't see how you'd have a case with the Ombudsman.

Geez.

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

I'm sorry. Your previous post seemed "ironic" and it offended me slightly. The whole "me thinks" part really made me sense irony.

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

Heck yes!

I'm hoping that **bleep** gets put in jail for what he's done.
Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

Good Lord! Get some perspective.

Is this the same item that you have opened several threads on, or a different one?

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

No........It may be obvious to you that it is a lot of bull, but why should it be to any of us. We haven't seen what you sent back to him.

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

Me thinks perhaps a lack of appreciation for the joys of the English language  in it's many and varied forms of expression is no reason the bag on a member who is only stating the obvious, you chose to close the dispute. You may have a claim against the seller for not honouring their promises but you certainly have no case against Paypal as their terms clearly state that once you close a dispute it cannot be re-opened.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

>why should it be to any of us

Because it isn't any of your problems as it is between me and the seller, and it isn't to any of you. I was only asking for help on what I should do.

Stop being so nosey. You are not helping anyone.

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

I wasn't bagging on them though. I just found their post offensive slightly.

>no case against paypal

The seller conned me into closing the dispute. There. There's the proof. The ebay woman also said if the seller refuses to work things out, she will contact paypal to refund me.
Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

No, you allowed yourself to be 'conned' into closing the dispute. Please be grateful for this lesson and move on wiser. Everyone here has been politely trying to experienced help but you are too annoyed to listen.

I am concerned that you are putting too much faith in what the Ebay rep was telling you, or what you chose to hear. 

Latest reply