Seller just delisted Australia as a delivery option because I retracted a bid

As the title says.  This guy really holds a grudge.  I retracted a bid on an item he was selling, and he then blocked me from buying any other items.  I was bidding on a few of his Hot Toys, and he is based in Virginia, USA, and I am based in Australia.  So he cancelled all my bids, because I retracted a bid on an item, and then I couldn't bid on any of his items.   A few days later I created a second Ebay account using my work email, and within an hour he had not only cancelled and blocked the new bid I put on, but he excluded Australia as a delivery option.  This is obviously the type of guy who has a bunker in his backyard, and a room full of guns.

Here is the reason that is listed:

"This item doesn't post to Australia

Refunds by law: In Australia, consumers have a legal right to obtain a refund from a business if the goods purchased are faulty, not fit for purpose or don't match the seller's description. More information at returns "

So, sorry Australia, my bad. 😂

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Some sellers hate bid retractors and will cancel bids and block that buyer in their auctions. Just move on and buy elsewhere.

eBay policy states that creating another account to circumvent seller blocks is not allowed, so you had better hope the seller doesn't report you.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 38
Latest reply

@sharmes6 wrote:

This is obviously the type of guy who has a bunker in his backyard, and a room full of guns.

so don't p!ss him off

Message 3 of 38
Latest reply

Just to add to my previous comment, if you retract a bid the seller can see what history you have of retractions. So if you've done it before to other sellers they'd have an even more compelling reason to block you.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 38
Latest reply

You misunderstand.  I'm not intimidated by that.  I pity that.

In this case this guy was so impatient and triggered by an innocent action, he has missed out on higher prices, because I would have been bidding higher than his items are going for.  His loss.

Message 5 of 38
Latest reply

Well, I would say it is your loss more than the sellers loss. The seller will sell the items anyway.

It is specifically against Ebays terms and conditions to create another account to get around a sellers blocks and could well see your account/s closed permanently.

For clarity - why did you retract the bid if you were planning on paying higher prices for the items anyway?

Message 6 of 38
Latest reply

Late to the party.... I doubt the OP will return to provide  a reason... he is a chronic bid retractor.

Message 7 of 38
Latest reply

padi... funny how bad buyers/sellers reveal their poor behaviour.

Here is some light reading for your entertainment.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-Central/three-buyers-you-should-avoid-at-all-costs/td-p/71579...

Message 8 of 38
Latest reply

@sharmes6 wrote:

You misunderstand.  I'm not intimidated by that.  I pity that.

In this case this guy was so impatient and triggered by an innocent action, he has missed out on higher prices, because I would have been bidding higher than his items are going for.  His loss.

OP... what lie do you select for your multiple bid retractions?

Message 9 of 38
Latest reply

So a habitual retractor who breaches eBay policy by opening an account solely to circumvent a seller's blocks and the seller is smart enough to see right through that little stunt, then gets abused on a public forum , makes the SELLER the one who is in the wrong how?

Hopefully the next seller you try pulling the same thing on reports you and you get banned from ever being able to buy under any name/account/email ever again

Welcome to many, many party lists 

It's always great when trouble makers out themselves

Message 10 of 38
Latest reply