Seller just delisted Australia as a delivery option because I retracted a bid

As the title says.  This guy really holds a grudge.  I retracted a bid on an item he was selling, and he then blocked me from buying any other items.  I was bidding on a few of his Hot Toys, and he is based in Virginia, USA, and I am based in Australia.  So he cancelled all my bids, because I retracted a bid on an item, and then I couldn't bid on any of his items.   A few days later I created a second Ebay account using my work email, and within an hour he had not only cancelled and blocked the new bid I put on, but he excluded Australia as a delivery option.  This is obviously the type of guy who has a bunker in his backyard, and a room full of guns.

Here is the reason that is listed:

"This item doesn't post to Australia

Refunds by law: In Australia, consumers have a legal right to obtain a refund from a business if the goods purchased are faulty, not fit for purpose or don't match the seller's description. More information at returns "

So, sorry Australia, my bad. 😂

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

@sharmes6 wrote:

You misunderstand.  I'm not intimidated by that.  I pity that.

In this case this guy was so impatient and triggered by an innocent action, he has missed out on higher prices, because I would have been bidding higher than his items are going for.  His loss.

oh, I don’t think you’ve been misunderstood at all. If you just pitied the Virginia based seller, then why create a fake account to bid on his items again? 
…then…. Come here, complain about him, and suggest he is the type of guy to have a bunker full of guns in his backyard? 

oh yeah….. that’s what pity looks like smh!!!! 🤨

I think you’ll find yourself on a few more BBL after this…. 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 11 of 38
Latest reply

I'm not sure who you think has ended up with egg on their face here, but it certainly isn't the responders.

You've been shown up as a serial retractor - a red flag to any competent seller.

And you admitted created an ID to circumvent the sellers blocks.

Well done, you reap what you sow..........I certainly wouldn't be selling to you if I had a selling account.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 38
Latest reply

I'm the "tool" who provided the link... did you read it?... did you look at the seller's replies & feedback left for buyers?

Nothing wrong with retracting a bid & rebidding when you make a mistake by entering the wrong amount... but on multiple occasions?... nah not buying that.

Millions of sellers choose to not ship to certain countries... I have no problem with that.

Many sellers view serial bid retractors as being problematic to deal with.

Many sellers lurk on the boards so they can identify PITA buyers.

I'm only a buyer atm & I support the seller  who did not want to deal with you if your reply here is any indication of how you communicate with sellers.

Message 13 of 38
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

I'm the "tool" who provided the link... did you read it?... did you look at the seller's replies & feedback left for buyers?

I did, and I'm sending you a cleanup bill for my keyboard............

beer-smiley.gif

Spoiler
One of those ID's would suit the OP down to the ground - the DNA one..............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 38
Latest reply

Oh, you’ve misinterpreted us.  We’re not intimidated by you, we pity you 😉

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 15 of 38
Latest reply

No worries, janeababe, I am sure as soon as our kitchen supporter friend sees this, he will contact the seller and try to coerce them into the sale, and agree what horrible people we are, and cheer on OP's  behaviour while explaining to us 'bullies' how they must have had a very good reason for everything 

Message 16 of 38
Latest reply

This Aussie ' clown ' - is just gobsmacked - what a hoot the OP will be at the BBL party.

Message 17 of 38
Latest reply

I am very confused of late.  Have been unwell on and off for a few weeks but no idea where they are all coming from.  It is as if someone has hit the Rude & No Idea Button.  They have all the regular, helpful posters well and truely in their sights for sure.

Message 18 of 38
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

I did, and I'm sending you a cleanup bill for my keyboard............

beer-smiley.gif

Spoiler
One of those ID's would suit the OP down to the ground - the DNA one..............

padi... I will happily pay that bill........................ on the 12th😉

Message 19 of 38
Latest reply

Bid retraction rate a bit too high IMHO. Seller also probably took a look at the rate and decided it wasn't worth it. Many others will too.

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 9.57.57 am.png

Message 20 of 38
Latest reply