Seller not responding to local pickup

Hello,

I recently purchased a used 3ds XL along with some other games from a seller about 4-5 days ago. I payed through Paypal and it was listed for local pickup only. I have messaged them every day requesting contact information but I have had little to no response. The only responses I would get were excuses for inactivity. This is such a big problem since my daughter has been eager to pick it up for days now, and has been watching the messages on eBay for hours. I really don't want to get a refund because of this, but I really don't know what to do or how long I wait before reporting this issue to the help center.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If the seller is in self isolation then It's a good thing. Or simply doesn't want anyone coming to the house with this virus lurking.

We are under trying times and patience is what is called for.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Ask the seller if he will post the items (at his expense) if he prefers not to have people coming to his home due to the virus situation.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

A 3DS XL and a couple of games shouldn't cost anymore than $9 to post, I reckon.

Ask the seller to invoice you for the postage, if they will.

If you got them for a good price, then another $9 is not too much.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

If the seller is in self isolation then It's a good thing. Or simply doesn't want anyone coming to the house with this virus lurking.

That's a very valid point Kopes, and if that is the case, they shouldn't have items listed as pick up only. If it's something that can be posted, then they should list that as an option if they don't want people coming to their house. At the very least, the seller could have replied telling the OP they didn't want anyone coming to their home, not just ignore them.

I am about to list my fruit for sale on Facebook Market place. People will be getting told that we are locked down, so if they bring their family, which a lot of the Indians do, then only one person is to come to the door (last year they seemed to like getting family selfies with the tree, which I thought was cute!).

I will have gloves and a P2/N95 mask on. The money will be wiped over with Isoprpyl alcohol before it goes in my wallet. Mr Tippy has been told he will die if he gets it, so we have to be super careful. At the same time, I'm not prepared to let the fruit drop off and rot. Sadly, my best customer lives about 2 hours away and we aren't allowed non essential travel in NSW!

OP, if they haven't replied within a few days, open an item not received dispute through eBay. That might give them a bit of a push.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

We certainly are in trying times, but I think any seller owes it to a pick up buyer to give a clear reply to a message after a sale. They can either elect to cancel the sale, offer to post at extra expense or ask the buyers to pick up the item from the front porch in an agreed time frame.

Leaving people hanging in uncertainty isn't really helpful. The impression I am getting though is the seller, for one reason or another, isn't overly keen to sell. The OP said the only replies had been to give reasons for inaction. The time taken to make those excuses could just as easily have been used to make arrangements.

If OP keeps getting fobbed off, he should definitely do what tippy said and open an item not received claim soon, get money back if nothing else.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply