Seller not responding to track an item not received

deeau84
Community Member

seller has not or will not repsond to resquest for tracking number at all,  sent messages etc, item  never recieved at all and lo ng over due

so how does one go about things  got onto e bay gave me a dispute  number etc  

what ami supposed to do

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

It sounds like you have opened an eBay request, which is similar to a PayPal dispute but handled by eBay. 

If the seller doesn't respond or provide an acceptable solution for the issue, after a certain number of days (I think it's either 3 or 5), you will have the option to escalate it for review by ebay, where they will look for a valid tracking number that shows a package as delivered. If the seller hasn't provided that, they will ensure you're refunded.

If you go to 'My eBay", you should see a link to the resolution centre and any open request you currently have, and if it's been long enough, there should be a link somewhere there to escalate the request (it may say something like 'step in and help', I haven't opened a request where I needed to escalate it so am unsure of exactly what it says). 

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

If it's long overdue then all you need to do is open an item not received claim.

If you paid with PayPal then it would of been better to go through them.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

If it is the seller you have already left a red dot for,I'm not sure if you hear from them directly

being brand new they may not understand how ebay works or what process there is

When you say long overdue, do you mean it has more than enough time to arrive or based on the estimated delivery date made up by ebay? (these dates are rarely accurate)

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It can't be all that long overdue....the listing only ended on 1st March and negative feedback has already been left.

However, the seller is a complete newbie who is listing auctions with a 1 cent starting price.   I have a feeling he did not get the price he hoped for.....he has stopped relisting, which is probably a good thing as the OP's feedback has given him a -1 rating.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I reckon, being a new seller, they may be waiting for the 21 day hold on

their money, before posting anything.

Lyndal, sale on the 1st March is plenty enough time for delivery. 

Sellers handling time was 4-5 days

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

You may be right about the 21 day hold stawks.

However, if he waits the full 5 days before posting that is only 14 days since the item was posted.....and that is not really plenty of time for an item to arrive, depending where it is coming from and going to.

I have had country Victoria to Sydney take closer to 3 weeks.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

no ebay says  no holding period,  one item should have been hereon 6th march

the other item on the 2nd march,  but seller says i sent refund to pay pal, i d onot use pay pal  so how would pay   pal sned me the redfund , it is now the 21st of march 2017

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

it is long over due  should have been here on the 6th march,  tried contacting this seller no reply at all, 

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@deeau84 wrote:

i d onot use pay pal  

How did you actually pay for the item?

If bank deposit, then there's very little you can do to get a refund unless the seller sends it voluntarily, which makes things not so good if they are not communicating with you.

If you paid by credit card, the payment would have actually been processed by PayPal and the seller would have recieved a PayPal payment to their account. If this is the case, and they issued a refund, the refund will be credited back to your card after a few business days. But, if they haven't refunded, you should still be able to open / escalate an eBay request, or contact your card provider and see if you can request a chargeback. 

(PS, the 21 day payment holds pretty much apply to all new sellers, or those without a recent established selling history, but that really should be irrelevant to buyers anyway, it's designed to protect eBay / PayPal losing money from scams, and seller's are still supposed to send goods within their handling time, whether the funds are on hold or not).

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply