Seller refunded and now requests cancellation

pinklnl
Community Member

I have a very bad seller located in China. I was sent fake turquoise and moonstone beads that turned out to be plastic. I requested a refund through paypal stating fake items and seller refunded. Then I obviously left negative feedback on 2 of the 3 items.

He requested feedback removal on the grounds that he already refunded. Unfortunately any buyer in her right mind is going to warn others of the fraud. He was abusive calling me a liar etc, in his message for the feedback removal. Now today I get cancellation requests stating that I have not paid. As far as I can see, is this just so he can get back his ebay fees? It's not like he can start a dispute since I paid and was refunded through paypal.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

As far as I can see, is this just so he can get back his ebay fees?

That's correct, a cancellation voids the transaction in eBay's eyes and gives the seller a credit of the final value fees they paid.

I'm generally happy to agree to cancel transactions after a refund, though I suppose I'd be less inclined to if the seller was deliberately deceitful and abusive. I won't advise either way, so I guess it's a matter of whether you think the seller should pay the fees for the sale.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Yes, seems they just want the FVF back. You don't have to accept the request but if you do accept it, that's all you need to do. You won't be asked to pay again or anything like that.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

pinklnl
Community Member

I see, thanks for that guys 🙂 Sorry for the double post of the question

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Just so you know, you can delete a thread by self reporting it. 🙂

image host
Message 5 of 5