Seller sent the wrong colour of an item, only offering partial refund, refused return

Okay, this is pretty stupid but my money is tightly budgeted and I can't just waste money.

I purchased a black item from a seller and they sent me the correct item, in purple. They had colour options and I verrified that I chose the correct option for black and they admited that they accidently sent me purple and offered a $4 refund out of origional cost of $21 and said to keep the purple one. I asked if I could mail this purple one back and they could send me a black one. They said no and offered me $8. I have literaly no use for a purple one and I tried dyeing it. No luck. The item is still in perfect condition (dye did nothing).

How can I get my money back? I payed for through paypal. Seller is in China. Item is even on sale now for $18 so why cant they just eat the remaining $10 diference?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Seller sent the wrong colour of an item, only offering partial refund, refused return

If you'd read the opening post you would have seen that there colour options and they chose black.
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Perhaps the seller thought that purple is the new black.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

Perhaps the seller thought that purple is the new black.

Rainbow Rose-coloured glasses perhaps countess ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Now that's a seedy suggestion...!

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

Now that's a seedy suggestion...!

Well it is a thorny subject countess................true.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply