Seller used my details to remove negative feedback

hi all,

So i made a purchase then a week later I see it still hasn't been posted so I contacted the seller to see what's up. Seller says they ran out of stock and were expecting more soon. I waited. A month goes by and I contact the seller for an eta and was ignored so I left negative feedback and opened a item not received case. 

Got my refund then later in the evening I get messages about chats. I look into the transcripts and find the seller opened a chat 3 times under different accounts and successfully convinced a support member to remove the feedback. Has this happened to anyone else?

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Seller used my details to remove negative feedback

Firstly ebay don't read this forum nor do they care,

I suggest reporting to eBay as the feedback shouldn't have been removed and the seller is selling something that's not in stock.

Also how " the seller opened a chat 3 times under different accounts and successfully convinced a support member to remove the feedback." how do you know this?

Also would you mind posting them item number?
Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

If you mentioned a dispute in the feedback that gives the seller grounds to have it removed by eBay.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

No it doesn't if an item is not received an item is not received its a fact based on the buyers experience.
Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

@danieh_6 wrote:
No it doesn't if an item is not received an item is not received its a fact based on the buyers experience.

These types of Feedback comments may be removed:

Feedback that includes references to law enforcement investigations or eBay or PayPal investigations.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/membertomember-contact-policy?id=426...

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

Thanks cezm, I was trying to find that link.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

@cezm wrote:

@danieh_6 wrote:

These types of Feedback comments may be removed:

Feedback that includes references to law enforcement investigations or eBay or PayPal investigations.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/membertomember-contact-policy?id=426...

No it actually has nothing to do with this, For example this applys to investigations related to the seller or buyer. Like hacked buyers or sellers account, unauthorized transactions, Not disputes, it would specifically say disputes or item not recieved requests.

Examples buyer leaves negative feedback for late delivery because seller was instructed to hold item before shipment either by ebay or paypal;

Unauthorized use of buyer account – Transaction(s) cancelled

MC139 NOTICE: eBay Communication Partner Warning

The only thing it may fall under for ground for removal is under "Disruptions is stock due to Covid19"

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/account/additional-support-covid19-buyers-sellers-ebay/additional-suppo...

However we also don't know what was said in OPs feedback.

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

"I left negative feedback and opened a item not received case.

Got my refund then later in the evening I get messages about chats"

My guess is that the answer is in the above.

Buyer left negative feedback; then opened item not received case.

When an item not received case is opened a refund is not issued the same day or straight away; it takes about four or five days or whatever before a case gets closed and an automatic refund is issued.

My guess is therefore that the seller issued a refund straight away, which closed the case and then the seller contacted E-Bay via chat to have the negative removed.

Without knowing what was said in chat or negative feedback; the above scenario is the most likely !

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

@vongy10 wrote:

Got my refund then later in the evening I get messages about chats. I look into the transcripts and find the seller opened a chat 3 times under different accounts and successfully convinced a support member to remove the feedback. Has this happened to anyone else?

Hi OP, are you able to elaborate on what you mean in the highlighted bit and which transcripts you're referring to?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

The 3 different chats are confusing me. I really don't get it. If a member has an issue with a particular account, they must speak to the chat support person using that account. I couldn't open a chat with this account, and the try to deal with issues on one of my other accounts.

I also don't understand why the seller would send you the transcripts for the chat sessions he had with eBay. It would serve absolutely no purpose.

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply