Seller wants cancel sale.. Even after paypal found in my favour?

Very Strange Request.

I lodged Item Not Recived claim In PayPal as I didnt have Item.  I won the Claim & PayPal found in my favour & awarded me refund.

Now I get A offical Ebay Request to Cancel Sale..  Even After PayPal Claim is open & Shut & Recived Refund

Why would i get such weird Request?   Is this Perhaps a sellers Way Get Fees back??? 

D'oh
Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

If the request is ignored then yes the FVF will be refunded BUT if you decline the request the seller will NOT get the FVF back at all even as you have been refunded.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

If the request is ignored then yes the FVF will be refunded BUT if you decline the request the seller will NOT get the FVF back at all even as you have been refunded.

If the buyer refuses the request to cancel the sale the seller can contact ebay and request a refund of the fees.

Ebay will be able to see that the payment has been refunded and as technically no sale took place they will have to refund the fees.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

sparkz, not correct.

Please feel free to check.

If the refund has been issued and the buyer is vindictive or whatever other reason they may have to decline seller gets the FVF anyway but has to ring Ebay, they do it on the spot, as the system that awards it automatically is not set up for it so they do it manually.

We had many cases like that over the years, one of them we didn't want to proceed with the sale as we didn't like  the woman, refunded her money and told her we don't want to have anything to do with her as she has insulted someone here. her purchase was sorta large, so we applied for FVF, she declined, Ebay paid manually. Some other people also clicked on decline, or didn't click at all - it turned out none of them knew what that was for (even though we always send a message explaining what it is so they are not undully alarmed). In every case Ebay paid FVF, how could they not, after all, there was no sale on the end.

Helen.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

garfieldau, you are also a seller.

Treat other sellers the way you would like to be treated.

The seller is going to get the FVF back.

If you refuse to cancel the transaction on what grounds and what message would you be trying to send?

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

The times I have had to open an INR dispute the seller hadn't sent the items and had not responded to enquiries as to where the items were.

It was only after a dispute was opened that they bothered to advise they were out of stock, one was even that cheeky they had marked the item as posted, they admitted they didn't even have the item in the dispute console.

No way would I agree to cancel as it prevents suitable feed back from being left

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

No way would I agree to cancel as it prevents suitable feed back from being left

Whether a buyer agrees or disagrees to mutually cancel a sale they still have the option of leaving feedback.

It is sellers who are unable to leave feedback for cancelled transactions.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

Both sellers and buyers can leave feedback for mutually cancelled transaction. I've just checked by leaving one feedback one cancelled transaction. It went through.

Both sellers and buyers can't leabe feedback if it is non-payment dispute and buyers get strikes.

Last two weeks were school holiday. Some sellers might have been away and unable to respond. Opening post doesn't mention if the buyer contacted the seller nor just open a dispute after certain period.

I had two missing parcel last month. The buyer contacted me after two weeks and I resend the item with tracking as I sent the first lots as regular large letters.

There are some dishonest sellers as some people said. But I'm sure there are more honest sellers than dishonest sellers.

Photobucket
Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

I agree syrups.. I have been eBaying since 2009 (this ID anyway) and I have never had a problem with any seller, except when a package didn't show but the seller refunded me and I said I would pay if they showed up.. They did show up so I paid the seller again

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 18 of 18
Latest reply