Seller warranty vs ebay/paypal policy vs ACL

Hi all,

I purchased an alternator about 10 months ago and it failed early January. I contacted the seller for a warranty replacement and they tell me they can provide one at a discounted price and I asked them "why do I need to pay for it??" and their response "warranty is 2 months". I was **bleep**.

I contacted ebay support and they tell me they can't do anything about it because 1. the seller has set their warranty (not mentioned anywhere on the listing or their store) 2. over the ebay 30 day money back guarantee and 180 day paypal money back guarantee

The only solution support provided was to negotiate with the seller. The ACL seems to be a grey area with ebay listings.

Anything I can do to get my money back?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Seller warranty vs ebay/paypal policy vs ACL

It would have been best if you’d started a new thread… but I’ll reply here for now…

You must do this through the Money Back Guarantee. The seller provides you with a return postage label which will show tracking status of “delivered”, and if seller doesn’t refund, you can ask eBay to step in after 3 business days.

If you didn’t do this, is it more than 30 days since you received the item? If it is, then you are no longer covered under the MBG.

If you paid by PayPal, you can open a request under PayPal Buyer Protection. Make sure you provide the return tracking number to demonstrate that you returned the item. The timeframe for this is 180 days from the date of the original transaction.

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply