Seller with false item location on listings

Hi everyone

Is there an avenue and do Ebay even care if a seller is listing an item as located in NSW when it is actually coming from overseas, most likely China?

I have purchased two items from a seller, they were both listed as located in NSW, I was only looking for items located in Australia when I did my search, I haven't received the items yet but I worked out fairly early on after the seller was playing dumb about when the item was sent, giving a tracking number etc and not actually answering my questions but giving me info that I already knew, that it was clearly not coming from NSW.

Do the sellers think we are not going to find that out when we get the item?

It's **bleep** that they advertise this stuff as located within Australia when it obviously isn't.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Yes this is frustrating I have also opened a new thread here :- 

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/False-Seller-Item-Location-Massive-Problem/m-p/2136889/highl...

I think being this a extemly major issue that maybe contacting ACA so they can confront eBay head office to shame them for not doign the right thing by there buyers.

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

After a lengthy scripted "chat" which wasn't a chat...............eBay doesn't give a rat's!

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

We already knew that. As has been posted on the numerous currentish threads about this. Which this is not.

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

souraji
Community Member

Actually they now provide Auspost numbers and have some mechanism in place that the label gets pasted on when it arrives in the country. I've actually peeled off the Auspost label and found the auspost label underneath. Sometimes, they seem to come with two labels, one an auspost label and another in what appears to be only mandarin. Sad part is, if we know we are getting it from China, there are way cheaper listings. These guys are getting the both of both worlds, higher prices from customers for items claiming they are located locally, and lower postage costs to ship from overseas. The buyer pays for it with their time spent waiting. eBay MUST be aware of this, but they turn a blind eye. They had the audacity to shut down one of my auctions claiming that the items were not genuine, despite me having bought these very items on eBay authorized seller, to which I provided the purchase details....

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply