Seller won't replace item.

I ordered a 252 colour eyeshadow set in May 2014 and when it arrived the case was smashed and some of the eyeshadows were damaged.  This occurred due to poor packaging, not from being handled in transit.  After many emails to and from the seller, he finally agreed to send a replacement product on the condition that I removed the negative feedback.  He begged me to remove the negative comment as he was concerned it would damage his reputation and future sales.  I removed the negative feedback and commented that he had agreed to replace the product, however it was unfortunate that I had to involve the eBay Resolution Centre.  The day before yesterday (7 June 2014) he said that he would give me a partial refund and I can then reorder on eBay. I have not heard from him since.  I am over this guy.  I have reported him again to eBay; and I will never purchase from him again.  So buyer beware, he is not an honest seller and doesn't keep his word.  I tried to alert PayPayl; as that is how I paid for the item.  I can see the transaction on PayPal but have been unable to report the matter to them.  I suspect the transation is too old maybe.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

cq_tech
Community Member
Kathy, you only have 45 days from the date of purchase in which to lodge a Paypal claim, something you should have done the moment your item arrived. If that period has expired, you'd be well advised to take whatever he offers, as he is no longer obliged to do anything for you now. For future reference, you should never retract justifiable negative feedback under any circumstances, especially from a Chinese seller.
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

so I guess my answer from yesterday wasn't enough information for you. ??

Ring paypal

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you. I did try to follow your kind advice, without success.  I could see the transaction but couldn't access it or escalate it for PayPal intervention or advice. regards Kathy

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

@kathy130854 wrote:

Thank you. I did try to follow your kind advice, without success.  I could see the transaction but couldn't access it or escalate it for PayPal intervention or advice. regards Kathy

But did you RING paypal as advised.   If there is a glitch in the system then a phone call is the only way....RING PAYPAL even if you cannot do anything on line.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Kathy if you ordered in May then it is still within the 45 days so RING paypal as others have suggested.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

PayPal has closed my case as it is over the 45 days allowed.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

All you can do now is leave follow up feedback. You have 60 days to do so, so do it now.

Read up on policy and don't let a seller talk you into or out of anything.

Correct procedure, after you received the promised refund, then you remove or revise the negative feedback.

45 days to claim INR or INAD, do not close dispute until satisfied, refunded or closed by paypal.

60 days for feedback.

Luckily it has not been an expensive lesson to learn

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@kathy130854 wrote:

PayPal has closed my case as it is over the 45 days allowed.

If the purchse was more than 45 days ago then you did not buy in May.   Even a purchase on the 1st May would be still within the 45 day limit.

You really do need to be very precise in your dates or the members can not give you accurarte information.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

"All you can do now is leave follow up feedback. You have 60 days to do so, so do it now."

As I discovered to my surprise only the other day, there is no time limit on the leaving of follow-up feedback.

It makes no difference even if the transaction occurred a couple of years ago; a follow-up can still be left.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply