Seller wont send to PO Box

I've just encountered two sellers that don't say anything about not sending to PO Box anywhere in their listing & you only find this out once you go to buy the item.

Then you have to ask then if you can cancel the order.

Not good enough. They send the items by post anyhow, so I don't see what the problem is from their end.

But if it was in their listing that they don't send to PO Box I wouldn't buy from them & therefore wouldn't have to ask to cancel the order.

How can this be avoided?

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Seller wont send to PO Box

Sometimes it depends on what you buy. Recently, my husband bought an item. Our default delivery address is Parcel Collect, because we have had multiple items stolen from the front door within minutes of them being dropped. AP seem to think that leaving items in full view of the street with no front fence is "safe".

Husband got a call from the seller saying that due to the size and weight of the item, it had to come via courier. AP wouldn't deliver it. It was simply outside of their requirements. And it was.

Maybe the item you bought didn't fit into the specifications. It would help more if you'd mentioned what you'd bought. 

Message 31 of 34
Latest reply

I get this from 2 in 5 sellers.

Message 32 of 34
Latest reply

@cavador2001 wrote:

I get this from 2 in 5 sellers.

At least they are not selling radios from China. 

Message 33 of 34
Latest reply

If the item is sent via the ebay freight program it includes ebay  numbers that are not recognized by Australia post . If the address is copied from the email message you copy and paste into the various boxes on the Australia post site  it is very easy then to send anything anyware to any address as long as the Australia post site accepts it I send 20 odd parcels every week . I dont use ebay freight because of this and I get a discount with an Aus Post account . So The answer is the sellers that you have problems with dont know what they are doing and should ask Ha Ha .

Franks computers & car parts ebay store

Message 34 of 34
Latest reply