Sellers Sending Items 5-7 Days After Payment

I have always payed for my items straight away after the auction has ended or when i use Buy It Now , and always pay with paypal , Now i'am also a seller and when buyers have paid me by paypal i recieve the payment straight away. But what gets me is the sellers don't post the item on the day of payment or the next day. I Have Always Made Sure of the items i sell go in the post the next day at the latest,,..

As 3 items i paid for last monday and tuesday have still not been sent , One Seller said he forgot Another will send tomorrow , the 3rd hasnt replied.

I Find It Simply Wrong

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I agree, some sellers don't take things seriously.

On the other hand some sellers only sell a few items every so often and are not really familiar with proper proceedings.

Once you receive the items, make your feelings known in the DSRs and feedback, but keep it factual.

If all is ok, I would probably leave a neutral with low DSR in postage time. 😉

image host
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

I honestly never take any notice of when a seller posts a parcel unless it hasn't arrived after two weeks but if I did bother about such things I would only expect a seller to post the same or next day if they stated in their listing that they did. many sellers say their handling time is anything up to 5 days, some say they only post on specific days. As a parcel posted from four suburbs away can sometimes take longer to arrive than one from three states away I don't think a couple of days either way makes a great deal of difference.

If I want something in less than two or three weeks I go to a B&M store or a site that charges a fortune but guarantees next day delivery.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Make sure you look at the handling time on each listing; mine states a handling time of 3 business days, although it's only Christmas time that it may take so long to get items made up and posted:-)

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

A bit harsh, don't you think, kopes.

A NEUTRAL because the seller took a few days to post?

I assume you give everybody 3 stars across the board if things are average. As that's the average.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

You need to remember also that Ebay is a fantastic medium for people in rural areas to make a bit of income. Many people in rural areas don't live anywhere near a post office and only go to town once or twice a week.

Look at the handling time, if they give 4 (working) days, for example, don't mark them down unless thay have posted well after that date.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Ebay is a very interesting shopping experience, it mixes part time sellers, once in a while sellers and full time sellers. This of course means that there will be a great difference in how each seller handles their shipping. Then, as stated above, there are many sellers remote from towns and cities.

I go along with phorumjunkie on this one. If you need it urgently, buy from a b&m shop. Otherwise enjoy the surprise of buying online and having it delivered to your door (or at best to your PO).

Worry after a couple of weeks. Oh yes I just thought of something else - I sometimes don't mark as sent, even though I send each day. it's a time thing.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Don't forget to check the details about postage. Sometimes sellers indicate 5 days or so since payment. This happened to me only once, and I bought the item because it was a bargain, and then I was lucky because the seller was stopping selling for the moment, so he sent the last items very quick, but I was "prepared" to wait. On Friday though I bought a few items, and for one of them the details were within 1 day from cleared payment, and apparently the item has not been sent yet, although it is only the second business day and it is also possible that the seller sent it and didn't mark it as "posted".

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Dave, day 7 and still not posted. 🙂

Also appears OP had to contact them to get some action.

image host
Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Dave, day 7 and still not posted.

Also appears OP had to contact them to get some action.

I had a similar situation.. I ordered a CD, paid immediately on 27th of July and 5 days later hadn't been marked as posted.. I looked at the listing and it said 10 days handling period which is kinda long but doesn't really matter..

This morning I look at the Purchase history, still not marked as posted, so I contact seller and get redirected to their FAQ page (Seller was Borders) and in the FAQ for postage time it says that items are usually sent in 2-3 days and to check your purchase history for when it was posted..

I send the seller a message asking about postage time and was informed (rather quickly) that it was posted on the 2nd of August.. I then got a message that my item had been marked as posted..

I don't care so much about the long handling period, I just wish sellers would mark things as posted so I can have some idea of when it will arrive..

The estimated delivery given by eBay is only accurate if the seller actually does post within the stated handling time..

I don't think I will be ordering from them again in a hurry

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 10 of 20
Latest reply