Shipping back an item to a seller

gran-98
Community Member

Hello,

I have been thinking of buying a drone but am worried about it arriving and being damaged in some way, has anyone ever shipped a product that is like 2-3 kg back to the seller (china for example), is the shipping cost expensive and not worth the hassle?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

@gran-98 wrote:

Hello,

I have been thinking of buying a drone but am worried about it arriving and being damaged in some way, has anyone ever shipped a product that is like 2-3 kg back to the seller (china for example), is the shipping cost expensive and not worth the hassle?

Thank you.

If you had to pay out for shipping back to China, yes, it could be quite expensive.

Normally if an item is damaged the seller pays for return postage but with international sales, the process can be a little bit more complicated.

I noticed you have zero feedback so may be new to ebay. I've bought a few smaller bits & pieces from China with absolutely no problems but if you're looking at a more expensive purchase, buying from China may not be the best place to start your ebay experience.

Message 2 of 46
Latest reply

gran-98
Community Member
Appreciate the reply, thank you.
I would love to purchase one from in AU but I've noticed when i search for only ones within AU the people selling them are still from China, even though it says the item is within AU.. it's making it tricky 😕
Message 3 of 46
Latest reply

you may be better off waiting for the after Christmas sales and buying over the counter from an actual store/shop.  If any goes wrong with the drone you take it back to the store/shop you bought it from.  You would actually get it quicker than buying today from a Chinese eBay seller.

Message 4 of 46
Latest reply

If you buy from overseas or anywhere for that matter and an item arrived broken it's up to the seller to refund in full and you keep it or refund/pay for return postage. If you PayPal you shouldn't be left out of pocket.
Message 5 of 46
Latest reply

gran-98
Community Member
Ah, I just read that in the returns it said "buyer is responsible for return shipping cost"
Message 6 of 46
Latest reply

That's for change of mind.

If it is broken or otherwise not as described, the seller has to pay.

Nevertheless, if you're already worried about what condition it is likely to turn up in, pre-purchase, buy from a real shop. Or their website, at least. Unless the seller is a registered Australian business, any warranty is unenforcable. If it breaks after minimal use, you won't have a leg to stand on.

Message 7 of 46
Latest reply

letscleanupmycupboards wrote:
If you buy from overseas or anywhere for that matter and an item arrived broken it's up to the seller to refund in full and you keep it or refund/pay for return postage. If you PayPal you shouldn't be left out of pocket.

BUT, cupboards, as stated previously by me, they should buy one in the after Christmas sales from a store/shop and avoid any possible grief.

gran, trust me, this is your best option . . . . . . better than looking to rely on an eBay/PayPal solution if something goes wrong.  With my suggestion, if something goes wrong you go back to the exact same store/shop you bought from and get an immediate remedy . . . . . .  and you will be droning and annoying your neighbours a lot sooner than buying one from a Chinese eBay seller.  

ALSO, and more most importantly, you get a 100% enforceable warranty on the drone (try and get one of those from a Chinese seller).

A 100% enforceable warranty is worth more than 100 potential PayPal claims.

edit: and what davewil1964 said.

Message 8 of 46
Latest reply

gran-98
Community Member
Thanks, I would rather get one from a store but they only have limited drones and can be quite expensive compared to something similar on here or Amazon. But I will probably just do what you said and pay more for one in a store for that piece of mind. What is a good Aus store that has a decent selection?
Message 9 of 46
Latest reply

@gran-98 wrote:
Thanks, I would rather get one from a store but they only have limited drones and can be quite expensive compared to something similar on here or Amazon. But I will probably just do what you said and pay more for one in a store for that piece of mind. What is a good Aus store that has a decent selection?

Try this link.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=best+drones+for+sale+australia&rlz=1C1GCEA_enAU755AU755&oq=drones...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 46
Latest reply