Shipping to Australia by US sellers

I am in Australia and the cost of shipping from the USA to Australia is the same cost as the item for sale, ie Scotty Cameron putter cover. $40 US, postage US $40 !! Purchasing any goods in the USA is no longer worth it to overseas members. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

What's the item number ?  I couldn't see any that cost $40.00 with $40.00 postage.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_nkw=Scotty+Cameron+putter+cover&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You forgot about the 10% GST on top of all that.

What's so special?  There are 31 listings  right here in Australia.

(including the guy who wants $2,000 postage, lol)

3rd one on your list, Padi

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

(including the guy who wants $2,000 postage, lol)

Must come in it's own lear jet with pilot Stawks......................

This would've been on the exec jet...............

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Putter-Scotty-Camerpn-eft-Handed-X7M-/153247083061?hash=item23ae3cea35%3...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

@milliea7 wrote:

I am in Australia and the cost of shipping from the USA to Australia is the same cost as the item for sale, ie Scotty Cameron putter cover. $40 US, postage US $40 !! Purchasing any goods in the USA is no longer worth it to overseas members. ๐Ÿ˜ž

the cost of the item is irrelevant when assessing the postage cost.  No postal service or seller can guarantee that postage costs will always be lower than item value, that is not how shipping costs are determined.

If the seller was asking twice that for the putter cover would you still be complaining?  Was it an auction where the putter cover sold for far far less than retail price?

Is the same or similar item available from Australia?  If it is, then buy local!

I could offer to learn how to knit and sell you a putter cover for $60 including postage if that interests you!

Iโ€™m not a golfer, but would a childโ€™s sock or willy warmer do the same job?

It never ceases to amaze me when a buyer, who has all the power in a transaction, complains about shipping cost.  SIMPLE SOLUTION : find another item/seller that has a lower shipping charge.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote: 

Iโ€™m not a golfer, but would a childโ€™s sock or willy warmer do the same job?

just to clarify, I WAS NOT suggesting you find a childโ€™s willy warmer for your putter.  I was meaning adult willy warmer, something like this looks a bit like a putter head

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sexy-Men-Willy-Pouch-**bleep**-Sock-Warmer-Cover-Up-Sleeve-Micro-Bikinis...

Spoiler
just in case the item link gets bleeped, item number 282819912385
Spoiler
unless yours has a bend in it in which case you might need to do your own search
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=willy+warmer&_sacat=0
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

You would not want to get a hole in one with a willy warmer

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

a poster who hates the GSP might have a little willy

warmer that he could sell.  I know he collects lots of things

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me when a buyer, who has all the power in a transaction, complains about shipping cost.  SIMPLE SOLUTION : find another item/seller that has a lower shipping charge.

I am usually very polite and professional when responding to postage enquiries, but I must (both guiltily but also slightly proudly) admit that recently, after being pressed by a buyer in the US about my postage costs being the same as the item, I replied the way I was always tempted to, and simply offered to increase the item price, saying that while they would pay more overall, at least then the postage would be lower than the item. 

They didn't reply or buy (as was my intention Smiley Embarassed Smiley LOL ). 

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

g_chortle.gif

coffeescreenlaugh.gif

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply