Should I leave negative feedback?

I was to contact the resolution centre tomorrow if the seller had not sent the item or been in contact. However the item has now arrived, no comment from seller.

I foolishly thought the seller had a high feedback but after the purchase I saw they had 49 negatives, yet still selling . I was buying on a family members behalf, so did not even think to double check the feedback .
My problem is I can see this seller is "iffy" & I dont want anyone else to be caught out, yes I was lucky to get the goods but I am reluctant to leave good feedback.

Would appreciate some advice, thank you.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

nutz4dolls
Community Member

No I think that you will only damage your own familys account as what you write will be viewed by other sellers and they then can block you on bidding on their auctions.

Ebay has made it so hard fo sellers now as I am a no longer selling, we get to live in fear and the buyers can walk all over us.

Yes their is alot of shonky  sellers that should be put under stronger seller conditions but thats EBAY . EBAY makes 10 percent on everything the seller sells plus they get 10 percent of postage and then a seller can destroy a store with bad feedback.

BUT EBAY STAYS shinny clean and keeps your money!!!! If the product was late with postage and you can check the postage stamp on your parcel by just ticking the box that says WAS your parcel delivered on time you just tick NO and the seller gets a kick up the rear in his or hers behind.

Remember sellers are getting sick of Ebay greed and are scared so They can Block you from buying if they see you are leaving bad feedback because late mail.

But if your Product is faulty or broken then get a refund.

@taigem38 wrote:

I was to contact the resolution centre tomorrow if the seller had not sent the item or been in contact. However the item has now arrived, no comment from seller.

I foolishly thought the seller had a high feedback but after the purchase I saw they had 49 negatives, yet still selling . I was buying on a family members behalf, so did not even think to double check the feedback .
My problem is I can see this seller is "iffy" & I dont want anyone else to be caught out, yes I was lucky to get the goods but I am reluctant to leave good feedback.

Would appreciate some advice, thank you.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

I Agree. As a seller I couldnt be bothered putting people on my special list in the past. They had to be pretty bad for me to waste 3 minutes of my life adding them.

NOW, If I dont like the colour of their hair or they drive a different car to me, they go sraight on the special list.....Smiley Very Happy

If a buyer asks too many questions      SPECIAL LIST.   If I get the slightest hint of trouble    SPECIAL LIST     I often check the " feedback left for others "   If it is not glowing     SPECIAL LIST.

Sellers have become super carefull about who they trade with now.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

I Agree. As a seller I couldnt be bothered putting people on my special list in the past. They had to be pretty bad for me to waste 3 minutes of my life adding them.

NOW, If I dont like the colour of their hair or they drive a different car to me, they go sraight on the special list.....Smiley Very Happy

If a buyer asks too many questions      SPECIAL LIST.   If I get the slightest hint of trouble    SPECIAL LIST     I often check the " feedback left for others "   If it is not glowing     SPECIAL LIST.

Sellers have become super carefull about who they trade with now.

And with good reason it would seem as evidenced by the OP's idea's on leaving neg feedback. I wonder how many other buyers are leaving neut or neg because of a perceived problem?

In all my years of buying and selling I am happy to say I have never had occasion to leave less than positive, and grateful to never have received less than positive, but times have changed and were I still selling, I would be living in fear I think!! LOL

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply