Sorry E-Bay. I am out of your marketing for dodgy sellers.

Done over 100 purchases through e-bay, no problems. However last 10 in the past one year was a mistake. Resived dodgy items twise in the last 6 months. Both times lost my case for refund.

E-Bay you lost me. I was a good buyer , but you let the oportunistic thives to reap me off.
Never buy from that e-bay junk site is about you E-Bay.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Sorry E-Bay. I am out of your marketing for dodgy sellers.

If only we could know what you are talking about !   This sounds like a rant with no details of why something is said to have occurred?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I wish I knew what this was about. If you could not claim a "money back guarantee" then there must have been reasons. We are not eBay here, just members like yourself.  It seems you are blaming eBay for the people who sell on here. It pays to check the feedback of sellers before buying and then contact them if there are problems, before you leave any negative feedback. People are only human and we all make mistakes, maybe the seller would have been happy to send you a replacement item, or give you a refund if you had contacted them and made sure to be polite. eBay will not care if you stop buying, you are only like a sardine in the world's ocean.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Was about ripping off ebay members/buyers like me from consumer rights if you know what is that.
However, in my last case PayPal recognized my rights for refund as long if i send the item back to China. The seller him self is in Romania was claiming he is in Australia, now I have to send the faulty item and pay for that to China. Work this one out. Dodgy as. And Ebay allow this to happen. Why do I have to pay return cost?!?
If I buy items from Telstra or Adidas in Australia and I am not satisfied with the product i have received, those companies provide me with return prepaid bags/boxes to send the item back to them. No such thing with E-bay.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

eBay's Item misrepresentation policy states that:

⃠ Not allowed

• Giving an incorrect item location. For example, indicating that the item is in the U.S. when it is actually being sent from China.
  • Inaccurate, vague, or misleading descriptions (the city and state or city and country don't match)
    • Beijing, United Kingdom
    • Hong Kong, United Kingdom
    • Worldwide, Singapore
    • Direct from manufacturer to, United States
    • Somewhere in Florida, United States
  • A location in the item description, if stated, that doesn't match the item location field.
  • Setting a return location in your return policy that is different to the original item's location resulting in higher costs or confusion for buyers.

(Bolding is mine.)

Try contacting eBay through their "Have us call you" option - which is by far the best way to get in touch with eBay. (Emails are useless, for a number of reasons, but primarily because the responses, when they are finally sent, are bot-generated.)

eBay say: We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number.

We’re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week.

Explain that the item location was misrepresented, and you don't trust the seller to pay the return postage. Be extremely polite, and ask if eBay will guarantee reimbursement of the return postage cost if you pay it. (Ask for this to be confirmed in writing via email/message.) Alternatively, ask if they have any other alternative to offer you. Perhaps you won't have to return the item for a refund, given the item misrepresentation.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

You have to pay for the return because you went through Paypal. A different company, with different rules to eBay.

But one that should look favourably upon a return address that differs from the claimed despatch address.

Hint: rather than going off like a frog in a sock on a forum not read by anybody who can make any sort of decision, maybe actually use the tools of the site (Paypal apparently) to avoid losing out.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Somewhere between "PayPal recognized my rights" and "eBay allows this to happen" plus the other comments indicating it was all eBay's fault, I somehow got the impression it was... eBay's fault.

Should have gone to Specsavers

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply