Strange bid??

boggo58
Community Member

Hi, i got an email in my Yahoo saying my bid was not sucessful on a mobile phone. The problem is i never put a bid on it and there are no confimation messages at all in My Ebay messages or even watching it, nothing.

I might have been watching it briefly a few months ago (and deleted it) then  bought a similar phone from someone else.

But that doesnt explain why i got a message saying my bid was no good, any Ideas??

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Strange bid??

Don't click on any links if there are any & just delete & forget it-I would.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Strange bid??

They could be phishing for info or trying to direct you to a keylogger. (Fake sign in pages where they get your passwords)

As said, just delete them. 🙂

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Strange bid??

boggo58
Community Member

As usual i emailed Ebay but there quite hopeless and  havent got back to me. You know you want something done, email Ebay with your concerns and no reply. I bet i either get a reply in 4 weeks or NOTHING, are you guys from Ebay reading this???????

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Strange bid??

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Why would you bother emailing ebay.  They do not have the time or personel to reply to this type of email.

Just forward it to spoof@ebay and delete it.  You will usually get an auto reply to the effect that it is a fake and not from ebay at all.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Strange bid??

are you guys from Ebay reading this?

No.. They don't read the boards. Just delete the e-mail, and whatever you do; don't click on any links

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Strange bid??

Snap patch

don't take life too seriously.......it's not permanent
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply