Tempted to leave negative

I picked up an item at the post office, the seller had sent it as a letter but the Postal gods did not agree and I had to pay an additional $7.55 postage.

I have emailed the seller twice over the last two days with a picture of the overcharge on the parcel, but I appear to be ignored 😞

My first thought was that the seller could refund me the $7.55 and all would be good

but ignoring me is starting to annoy and I'm tempted to leave negative feedback

any thoughts

thanks

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seller has refunded the extra postage so I left positive feedback and did not touch the stars

all good 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I agree I would leave a neg, The seller should do the right thing and reimburse you for the extra cost. If you leave neg leave the reason as "had to pay additional cost due to underpaid postage by seller", or something similar.
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Seller has refunded the extra postage so I left positive feedback and did not touch the stars

all good 🙂

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

excellent, Glad they did the right thing
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:
I agree I would leave a neg, The seller should do the right thing and reimburse you for the extra cost. If you leave neg leave the reason as "had to pay additional cost due to underpaid postage by seller", or something similar.

Awesome suck job Harley... I wondered how you came to that decision given you have no idea whether APs reassessment of the item is correct?

ie OP did AP give a reason as to the sellers postal underestimate?

too thick greater than 20mms?

side and length measurements greater than the largest allowed letter size?

weight over 500 grams?

If it was your package Harley would you like to know where (or whether) you erred or would you just roll over and

refund and continue to merrily dispatch the item using the same freight mode?

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

The reason I ask is I  had an ongoing "dispute" with an AP employee until she retired who took exception to me pointing out that rather than my envelope being overweight

.... the corner of another envelope was protruding onto the scales giving an incorrect weight.

.....she never forgave me and pulled AP obsure rules from her nether regions everytime I was in the queue way back

before notional cubes became the norm

I have a set of very accurate scales that I calibrate to AP scales at my local PO as often as possible...........normally with

a tin of spaghetti from the shopping and a black felt pen to write the weight

......On another occasion a package that weight 13kgs on my scales but cubed to 8 kgs was skewed by the AP employee on the scales so that a corner was resting on the counter. "it weighs 6.4 " she said,

"but it cubes to 8.4 so I am charging you the cubed weight"

...she announced to me  triumphantly and gave me that " I am finally square with you" indignant look.

So I contacted the buyer, told them what had happened and that they may cop an underpaid item claim from AP, and 

I refunded the difference to the buyer.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

you idiot. who cares the reason. buyer was out of pocket and shouldn't have been. end of story!

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I guess that's partly my point.

If I was the buyer and it was a $2 item in a $1.40 envelope I probably would not have paid.

I would have asked the seller to send me another before I paid and then asked for the refund.

Probably because If I was sweating on the  $2 item in the $1.40 envelope arriving then I would have paid ans sorted it out

with the seller

However I digress, I am interested whether  buyers generally argue the toss or just accept the inevitable when handed an

underpaid notice.

As a seller and a buyer I would more than likely want to  understand why the letter failed and take exception if I did not

agree.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Glad you got a good result and left a positive as often, from personal experience, this sort of thing can happen even if the parcel/letter/package is within Aus Post guidelines.  All you need is one authoritarian postal worker on a power trip and your item is suddenly "non-compliant".

Happened once very recently where the item was handed over the counter at the GPO, made it all the way to the local DC and the item was suddenly and inexplicably non-compliant.  Even the Buyer was flummoxed when they measured it for me and found it to be within the guidelines.  Of course, little I could do at the PO since I wasn't standing there with parcel in hand to prove my point when I went to raise the issue.

Also happened around Christmas where I had 4 identical items Returned to Sender due to insufficient postage.  Took them to the local PO to re-post Express and the Lady at the counter was baffled, couldn't find an issue with the items specs or postage paid and was prepared to process them all as they were, no cost to me.  Stuck with the Express option (items still didn't arrive for up to 6 business days in one case, yay for the value of Express Post!)

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I had a similar problem with a temporary AP staff member like that.  She was trying to charge me parcel rate for something that was clearly large letter size and weight.  All she had to do was flatten the air out of the envelope for it to pass freely through the letter guage.

I don't often see red or get shopping rage but I yelled out to another staff member that I had often been served by and had a chat to and asked her what she thought.  Luckily she backed me.  Thank goodness the temp was never seen again there or I would have been in deep.

Joono
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply