The coupon ebay has given me has disappeared, Where is it?

Hi guys, I purchased an item which had a guarenteed delivery on it which then didnt arrive until weeks later. I notified eBay about their guarenteed delivery promise and they notified me of this:

" We’ve issued you a $10.00 coupon that you can use towards any purchase on eBay.
The coupon code will be available on My eBay page and it expires 30 days from the date it’s issued."

This email was on April 6th and on the day that i recieved the email I saw the coupon code on my Ebay however now when I've logged on to purchase 19 days later so im within the 30 days of issued, the coupon is no where to be found anywhere on my eBay page. Where do I find this? How do i get access to my coupon? Did ebay retract the coupon?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If you have the code then put the item in your cart and see if it works before committing to the purchase.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I originally saw the code but never saved it as i expected it to still be there when i logged in later to buy and it wasn't. Curious if theres anyway to retrieve it as was meant to last 30 days.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Jump onto eBay chat and ask them to confirm the code. If the regular CS rep doesn't know it, have them ask the marketing department.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Thank you for this suggestion. I contacted Ebay on chat and they said that coupons for guarenteed delivery have been put on hold until the pandemic is over and that it will apparently be reinstated when its over.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@saba-6450 wrote:

Thank you for this suggestion. I contacted Ebay on chat and they said that coupons for guarenteed delivery have been put on hold until the pandemic is over and that it will apparently be reinstated when its over.

I would go back on there and explain there's been a misunderstanding and you were asking about a coupon eBay has already claimed to have already issued, as per their message "We’ve issued you a $10.00 coupon that you can use towards any purchase on eBay."

Tell them the coupon was issued before the guarantee was put on hold, and so you expect them honour it, and you're happy to stay online while they issue it. Be tenacious. For some reason, eBay can be real a**holes with promised vouchers - they'll promise it'll get issued, then it's not, you chase it up again...rinse and repeat.

The good thing about the online chat is you get a conversation to reference back to.  So then you can say, "...well, your CS agent Daisy Duke checked and agreed I was eligiable for this voucher (as per SR# 1-123456789 on April 6), but evidently didn't understand it was issued before the guarantee was put on hold.  So please the correct the oversight now...while I wait.  Happy to wait while you contact marketing to have the voucher issued...I'll just wait here..." etc etc.

Eventually you'll get the right person looking at it, and the voucher will appear instantly under your promos.

For $10 it might not be worth your time, but I always treat it like a sport...you just gotta dribble that ball past some defenders and then score a goal. And if I've got some work to do on the computer, I just keep the chat window open in the background and switch to it when I get a reply.

Good luck!

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply