The seller doesn't answer my question about the item status

So i bought an iphone 6 64gb silver from a guy for 394$ on 4/10/2017. The seller posted the package by Australia Post along with a tracking number but it still remain in the Approved stage from 9/10/2017, which is last week. Today is the latest day to receive but still no relpy at all. Is there any chance that eBay can check if the seller ignored my request? I'm pretty sure he received it because other sellers did answer my messages recently

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Reports of many delays with Aust Post.

Wait until the end of the week then if it hasn't arrived and you paid via PayPal open a case for INR.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Are you meaning the last day according to the 'estimated delivery date' inserted by ebay?

Those date are purely ebay's fantasy. The dates they 'estimate' are very rarely anywhere near correct

As mentioned, there have been several reports of mail delays and you have the tracking number, the seller would not know any more than you do about that as whatever the tracking is showing for you will also show for them also

Have you tried contacting Australia Post too? If you are on Facebook, they usually respond faster to complaints posted on their wall

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Not only are ebay delivery dates a work of fiction if the seller is following the rules they should have posted with a Road Only sticker on it which could add a couple of extra days.

I usually allow 10 working days for a domestic delivery and 20 for overseas and then I open a dispute if there is no evidence from tracking that it is nearing its destination.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

Not only are ebay delivery dates a work of fiction if the seller is following the rules they should have posted with a Road Only sticker on it which could add a couple of extra days.

Mobile phones do not need to go by road only, they can travel by air, and even be sent express, if they are packaged according to Australia Post's guidelines. 

That being said, if it's the seller you have left a neg for (which I see is a mobile phone), they are not located in Australia, they are in China, and that is where the phone will be coming from, I can pretty much guarantee it (not just because that's where the seller is, but because they have plenty of negative feedback already, saying the same thing).

You get an Aus Post tracking number because sellers like this send bulk packages over to here, and then send them domestically as an eParcel via Australia Post, so the eParcel label can be purchased in advance and will explain why there's been no updates since the label was created (I buy from a lot of sellers who do this, the difference is they are honest about the original item location and postage methods being used). 

Chances are the local tracking number will update sooner or later, but you have 30 days since the last ETA to open a request with eBay, be it for item not received or item not described, should you need to use either. 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

If you're going to keep buying stuff from China, despite what eBay says, allow a minimum 4 weeks for delivery. No way would I buy a phone from China, but each to their own.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply