Transaction cancelled - items no longer available - but have been relisted with higher price!

I'm a little confused and seeking some advice on this practice.

I bid on two items from a seller which had a 0.99c auction and a buy it now price (considerably higher). The auctions were very close to ending (and I was winning) when I recieved email notifications from ebay that my bid had been cancelled. The reason is listed as "The item is no longer available". Shortly after the seller has relisted the items, with a Buy it Now price (no auction).

I am assuming there is nothing from a 'legal' sense I can do but it seems "wrong". Is this practice allowed? Can I do anything about it?

Items were

Jacqui-e Blouse

and

Jeans West Singlet

Cheers 🙂

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Transaction cancelled - items no longer available - but have been relisted with higher price!

no, nothing you can do.

They have done nothing illegal.

A person can withdraw an item from sale at anytime before a sale of contract is formed (eBay provides a 12 hour window on this) but that's the law.

you made an offer, the seller rejected it and withdrew their item from sale,

It is frustrating and inconvenient, but that's how it is sometimes.

I hope that your next auction has a more favourable outcome for yourself.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Bad form though, and clearly the seller doesn't get that items get most bids in the last hour to minutes of the listing end.
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply