Troll bidder?

sugarcube93
Community Member

This c***7 has been bidding on pretty much WHATEVER auction I have bidded on and always wins because he/she sets a ridiculous amount of money as a limit for his/hers automatic bids.

How am I supposed to deal with this, it really looks like the person is trolling me. I really have no idea who it is. It just got too suspicious, that person bids on goth clothes, pet stuff (mostly rabbit stuff), books and so on! I just don't think we could have so much in common as I occasionally buy gifts for my family and I still get outbid by that buyer!

Does anybody know what I'm supposed to do, I can't even view the profile through the bids page, all it comes up with is the details of the bid (name of bidder, amount etc).

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Troll bidder?

The bidders real ids are hidden and all you see are 2 letters/numbers from the id with asterisks in between. That is also all they would see of your id. It would be virtually impossible for someone to run around bidding on the same stuff as you.

Can you put up a couple of item titles to give us an example? Its possible its not even the same bidder, just a coincidence in the member id.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Troll bidder?

Is it on a different ID? In your bidding/buying history, 12 of 13 results were Buy It Now purchases and you were the sole bidder for only auction showing in your history.

That aside, while member IDs are hidden and somewhat randomly generated, it's a little unusual for the same one to appear continually. Do they have the same feedback score in each instance, and is feedback being left by the seller or buyer of the items in question?

I can't fathom any benefit anyone would gain by persistently outbidding another member, as they would end up the winner of many items they didn't particularly want but either had to pay for or get a UPI strike if they didn't - an expensive and/or sport.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Troll bidder?

That was supposed to say an expensive and/or risky sport.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply