Trouble buying from USA

Hi

I am having trouble buying from Ebay USA. Since the change password time frame.

After bidding message reads to effect of you can't buy because of seller restrictions. Happens with buy it now items as well.

Anyone else having trouble?

What can we do?

Cheers

kurumbul41

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Trouble buying from USA

Hi there,

Not too sure about your situation however i have noticed that straight after the password changing. my scenario is that when I search for US sellers under the "Global Shoppers" the results do not show you all items in USA (rather the results show you mainly the Aussie sellers plus some UK sellers and the rest are US sellers - too few). If you use this search function quite often like me, you will notice the quantities for a particular brand do not look right at all !

eBay Aussie might have done something you and me won't know about.  However that is my theory.

People, please give your thoughts.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

I agree, though i think it may have been before the password thing.

One category I search in very regulary - not much international at all, and as you say, what there is is mainly UK, a little USA

But if I go to the US site, ther4e is heaps more - at first i thought they might not ship to Australia, but lots of them do!

another frequent category, the item never showed in general search results, but it came up below my watch list as "items you may be interested in" - again, friom the US

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Exactly ! Spot-on comments! Weired yeah ?

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

I'd be a bit peeved I think if I was an international seller.

But in saying that I have never read the terms and conditions for international trade, for all I know, eBay may say up front that your items are only available on different sites at certain times iykwim

I guess in a way it is good for the seller

we aussies find it tough competing with some of the international markets, so if they are focused on the aussie sellers, that's great for the aussie seller in australia.

I just thought though - I wonder if the search would widen if we changed the search refinements to world wide? Never thought to do that till just now.

I wonder if that's the clincher, think I'm set to on eBay aust, so if the seller hasn't listed on this site, it won't show?

Does make you wonder though if all aussie buyers can see all ausie products iykwim, or if sometimes they get a bit hidden iykwim

but I think eBays user agreement covers that - they say they arent responsible for "technical difficulties" or words to that effect

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 14 of 14
Latest reply