USPS Tracking with LK NUmber

OK so I am not overly familiar with the US POstal Service. I bought an item off a Seller and he gave me a tracking number starting with LK then 9 digits then US.

It scanned until "Dispatch to Sort Facility" which was on the 20th of July. Its now the 2nd August, no scanned update, nothing to indicate it has even left the US OR arrived here in Australia.

The Seller has been very patient with my emailing him and has reassured me it WILL be here, but I am not holding my breath.

I do not understand firstly WHY you would ship something to another country without full tracking (to cover your own butt as a seller as well).

So anyways enough ranting,

What does LK stand for in the USPS shipping stuff??

Thanks

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Can someone help me here please ? I ordered something from a us ebay seller to India paying for usps priority shipping starting with LK .. It clearly states on usps.com that usps priority international takes 6 to 10 business days in Delivery . I ordered on 17th december, so this time frame ends on 31st december ... what should I do after that time frame if i still don't get the item ?

the seller has been cooperative and nice.... but i was not told if this tracking will be not trackable till here and might will take more weeks . In what manner I should ask for some rebate so no bad impression is reflected and seller accepts and gives some rebate ?

Would highly appreciate the help please as its little expensive item that I am still impatiently waiting .

Message 21 of 34
Latest reply

In view of all the holidays between the time you paid for your item and the time it is supposed to be delivered, all you can do is wait.

You are on the Australian boards here so we can not be of much help in regards shipping times from the USA to India, but I do know that Priority mail to Australia is taking weeks, not days.

You cannot ask for a rebate just because the postal system takes longer than you want it to.....it is not the seller's fault.

Message 22 of 34
Latest reply

ok thank you, yes of course i won't ask for the rebate, just wanted the best thing to do under this situation and you did answer, thank you . And sorry i didn't noticed that its ebay au website ... as i found the best help here that i was searching for .... still i won't mind replying 1 more time when i get the product and how much days/weeks it took .

regards .

Message 23 of 34
Latest reply

i have 2 items with the same tracking number. and one item purchased doesnt have a tracking number. this is my first time using ebay. i had to purchase signed in as a guest and then now idk how to tack. or what to do

Message 24 of 34
Latest reply

Anna, please advise us the tracking number, country it was mailed from, country it is going to,

Message 25 of 34
Latest reply

@annecortez6712 wrote:

i have 2 items with the same tracking number. and one item purchased doesnt have a tracking number. this is my first time using ebay. i had to purchase signed in as a guest and then now idk how to tack. or what to do

Anne, this thread is over a year old, and on eBay AUSTRALIA.

PLEASE go to ebay.com  (USA) and ask your question there.

a lot has changed with USPS over the last 18months and here in Australia we cant really help with your question

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 26 of 34
Latest reply

This is a list of the countries in which you will see tracking information when it leaves the USA. If your country is not listed then your government refuses to track and update any package from the USA. It is NOT that the US doesn't want to track it, but because your countries postal service either does not want to, or does not have the technology to track packages coming from the USA.

If your country is not listed, you can only track the package up to the time is leaves the USA. After that you need to allow at least 14 day from the time is goes to customs to arrive to you. This can be even longer depending on the size of shipping package.

I sell and ship a lot of packages to other countries and I am always asked the same thing. Why does the tracking number stop tracking and only shows 

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

May-07-14, 07:49 AM, CHICAGO, IL

This is the point in which it has gone to customs for processing.

FYI: The UK is NOT listed as one of the countries that can track a US package and LK is a USPS tracking number for First Class International. If you want it to come Priority Mail is will cost an extra $40 USD. This is why most sellers will offer First Class International not to make it cheaper for the seller (since the buyer pays the shipping), but to make it more affordable for you the buyer.

Online Shipping label /   PC Postage tracking

Belgium

yes

Brazil

yes

Canada

yes

Croatia

yes

Denmark

yes

Estonia

yes

Finland

yes

France

yes

Germany

yes

Gibraltar

yes

Great Britain

yes

Hungary

yes

Israel

yes

Italy

yes

Latvia

yes

Lithuania

yes

Luxembourg

yes

Malaysia

yes

Malta

yes

Netherlands

yes

New Zealand

yes

Portugal

yes

Singapore

yes

Spain

yes

Switzerland

yes

Message 27 of 34
Latest reply

This, after 19 MONTHS, is unlikely to help the OP. As the situation now is unlikely to have been the situation then. Even if it is, I doubht the Op is still hanging out for information after this amount of time.

Message 28 of 34
Latest reply

HELLO.....this is for the COMMUNITY not just for the OP. 

Is this not a COMMUNITY Forum????

Message 29 of 34
Latest reply

And dragging up a 19 month old thread achieves what, compared to starting one of your own?

Except that a new thread would not have members who don't realise the age replying to posters who have been and gone.

Message 30 of 34
Latest reply