Unable to add any other saved searches ???

Hi,

I have not been able to add any 'saved searches' since the system was hacked ??? I get the message that I have reached my limit but I only have 27 searches that I follow ??? I have gone through my saved searches and removed 10-15 that I no longer receive emails from but that made no difference ??? Had anyone been suffering from the same drama ???
Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

go-tazz
Community Member

Go to your My eBay and select Sellers you follow and click on Go to your profile.

Under Interests eBay have added all your searches,(even previous ones).

Just hover over Following on each one that you don't want and click the red x,(that will stop you following that

Interest/search).

That might clear out some of the excess searches.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

cq_tech
Community Member
No issues here, but try deleting your browser's cookies and see if that helps.
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Hi,

Have deleted cookies and history but things are still the same ??? I have also switch browsers and nothing changed ??? 'Thanks' for the assistance...
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Go to your My eBay and select Sellers you follow and click on Go to your profile.

Just hover over Following on each one that you don't want and click the red x,(that will stop you following that

Interest/search).

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Hi ,

'Thanks' for the help. I 'unfollowed' quite a few searches and have now managed to save the new search that I was unable prior !!! All seems good now and am very 'Thankful' for you help !!! I hope you have an 'Excellent Day' and even better weekend ...

Regards,
Mick....
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Having the same problem - can not add to the "Searches I Follow" regardess of the choice of browser, location or device.

Deleting existing searches doesn't help (only kills some useful leads) and I'm at the point where I can't/won't delete the remaining searches I have.

It's been like this for weeks now, and it's a real PITA.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Hi mb,

The solution that 'go-tazz' offered fixed my problems, I had no idea that searches/sellers that I had stopped following where still in my account taking up search spaces ??? The solution was as followed :

Interest/search).

It worked a treat for me as I had no idea the searches/followed sellers were both considered as the same thing in regards to the amount of saved search space... I hope this helps...

All the best,
Mick...
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Hi,

Makes no difference for me - I'm not following any sellers.

Besides that, if 'n' number of searches was working, you should not be required to reduce them in order to accomodate a change (bug?) on the ebay website. The searches are there for a reason - I want to buy an item if it's made available - but computer says "NO".

The problem is server-side and related to my account (i.e. nothing to do with browsers, cookies, etc etc) as I get the same problem at multiple locations, with multiple browsers and multiple devices - even my mobile-phone version of ebay refuses (error Fs84).

It would help if there was a tech-support link to report this to, but I'm damned if I can see anything other than the "feedback" page, which results in zero action.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Hi,

I have found that if you go through the 'customer support' menu click on the 'contact eBay' tab and select 'account restriction or suspension' and submit your problem you will get a human at the other end to help sort your problem... I too have spent time trying to get hold of 'tech support' but this seems to at least get hold of a body and not just endless dribble ... It might take a 24 hours or so but they do reply... Have a 'Great Weekend' and I hope that you can sort your problem ASAP ...

Regards,
Mick...
P.S. Not only saved 'sellers' but also old saved 'searches' are found if you follow the before mentioned fix. I have no idea why deleted searches are still kept but when I cleaned out I found searches that I had not followed for quite a while ???
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

@mb87622 wrote:

Hi,

Makes no difference for me - I'm not following any sellers.

Besides that, if 'n' number of searches was working, you should not be required to reduce them in order to accomodate a change (bug?) on the ebay website. The searches are there for a reason - I want to buy an item if it's made available - but computer says "NO".

You only have a maximum of 99 searches available and would need to delete some if you wanted to add

others and you already had the maximum,good.gif

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply