Unable to paySeller

I can't believe no one has posted this problem on the Community Discussion Board . . . Thursday January 10th went to pay s seller and low & behold I can't . . . process came up with an 'error message' and it said to try later. Phoned eBay . . . technical error with payment sytem won't allo buyers to pay a seller with more than 3 items . . .eBay said they're trying to fix the problem and try again in 24 to 48 hours.

So, a global multimillion dollar corporation that makes billions of dollars can cause great inconveinence and stress at buyers expense, let alone the issue with sellers who aren't aware of this 'glitch' and may lodge 'Unpaid Item Disputes', and don't have the resources to fix the problem sooner???

Seems to be a one way street here that works for eBay . . . and on top of that there's no messaging service (real time) from eBay to advise either buyers or sellers to TELL them that theres a payment issue 'glitch' etc. . . so where's the "Customer Service" in this picture . . . there isn't any . . . it's BLANK! . . . and at my expense.

Went to request a call from eBay today (Friday January 11th) and the prompt message that came up posted a message that I've exceeded my limit of (1) call back from eBay in one day . . . I called them yesterday, I did not request a

'call back' yesterday and I can't get a call back today???? Go fiqure!!!!

It's no wonder that buyers & sellers are deserting eBay to the competition . . .eBay has failed in this instance to keep a customer happy with simple Customer Service action . . . and it's at NO BIG EXPENSE either . . .overheads are tax deductable in business . . ....which means more profit.

Happy trails . . .

Shatz52

Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Unable to paySeller

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Have you ever thought that no-one else has posted this problem on the boards because they have not had the problem?

I paid for some 15 items yesterday....some single purchases, some multiple items in one payment.   Not one payment was rejected and neither did I get any error messages.

I don't see the problem.....you get an error message suggesting you try again later.   Try that....it has always worked for me when I have had error messages.

No need for all the drama.

Message 2 of 52
Latest reply

Unable to paySeller

Dear lyndal1838,

Seems you didn't read my posting completely or you chose you read what you wanted.

First, eBay has told me that there are multiple buyers experiencing from the same issue that I am and I was TOLD that on Wednesday. I phoned eBay again on Thursday . . . same response . . . same problem (inclusive of โ€˜error messagesโ€™) and itโ€™s now Friday and I still canโ€™t pay. So, since you're not eBay - what works for you donโ€™t mean it works for everyone else unless youโ€™re working for eBay on the side and you know something I do not or is it something else? Hmmmm

FYI - eBay says that I canโ€™t pay any seller that has invoiced me for more than 3 items, either through my โ€˜Purchase History โ€“ Pay Nowโ€™ page or โ€˜Checkoutโ€™, but I can pay any seller who invoiced me for up to 3 items. The seller Iโ€™m trying to pay has invoiced me for 43 items โ€“ so problem exists. I shouldnโ€™t have to experience this with a global multi-million dollar corporation in this day and age of digital advancement and technical wizardry. Thatโ€™s not the experience I signed up for.

As you are not a seller I donโ€™t think you appreciate the problem as a seller would. As a buyer whose profile shows as โ€˜privateโ€™ and with no โ€˜feedbackโ€™ to sellers one can view on your profile page then perhaps you shouldnโ€™t be too โ€˜cockyโ€™ about telling me โ€œNo need for all the dramaโ€.

You donโ€™t see the problem . . . well of course you donโ€™t . . . it seems the world revolves around your eBay experience and since you havenโ€™t experienced this. . . well then surely no one else is. Itโ€™s not you, itโ€™s me.

Add inconvenience and stress to โ€˜dramaโ€™. I need results from eBay not criticism from โ€˜privateโ€™ buyers.

As for no one else posting about this problem on the board I canโ€™t answer that but then again I havenโ€™t checked Facebook but then Iโ€™m not on Facebook so Iโ€™m probably wrong and it must be my dramatic imagination again.

Happy shopping and kind regards

Message 3 of 52
Latest reply

Unable to paySeller

@shatz52 wrote:

Dear lyndal1838,

Seems you didn't read my posting completely or you chose you read what you wanted.

I believe I did read your post completely.

First, eBay has told me that there are multiple buyers experiencing from the same issue that I am and I was TOLD that on Wednesday. I phoned eBay again on Thursday . . . same response . . . same problem (inclusive of โ€˜error messagesโ€™) and itโ€™s now Friday and I still canโ€™t pay. So, since you're not eBay - what works for you donโ€™t mean it works for everyone else unless youโ€™re working for eBay on the side and you know something I do not or is it something else? Hmm

Nowhere did you mention that you contacted ebay on Wednesday.....your complaint was that you have had the issue since Thursday.

If there really were multiple buyers experiencing the issue we would certainly have seen some of them here on the boards.   There have certainly been no recent complaints that I have seen.

And for the record ebay CS wil tell you whatever they think you want to hear.....I have serious reservations about the number of buyers with the problem.

I have also found from experience that if you are told to wait a day or so to try to pay it usually works.

FYI - eBay says that I canโ€™t pay any seller that has invoiced me for more than 3 items, either through my โ€˜Purchase History โ€“ Pay Nowโ€™ page or โ€˜Checkoutโ€™, but I can pay any seller who invoiced me for up to 3 items. The seller Iโ€™m trying to pay has invoiced me for 43 items โ€“ so problem exists. I shouldnโ€™t have to experience this with a global multi-million dollar corporation in this day and age of digital advancement and technical wizardry. Thatโ€™s not the experience I signed up for.

As you are not a seller I donโ€™t think you appreciate the problem as a seller would. As a buyer whose profile shows as โ€˜privateโ€™ and with no โ€˜feedbackโ€™ to sellers one can view on your profile page then perhaps you shouldnโ€™t be too โ€˜cockyโ€™ about telling me โ€œNo need for all the dramaโ€.

Why do you have a problem with Private feedback?  Only if a member wants to sell must they have visible feedback.

There a number of very experienced sellers on the boards who do not post with their selling IDs so don't be so quick to judge anyone's experience.

I can assure you I have left some 15000 feedback for sellers although I am not sure what bearing that fact has on anything.

You donโ€™t see the problem . . . well of course you donโ€™t . . . it seems the world revolves around your eBay experience and since you havenโ€™t experienced this. . . well then surely no one else is. Itโ€™s not you, itโ€™s me.

Sorry, but in this case it is you.....I have not had the problem recenty and neither, it seems, have any other buyers so far.  We may well see some reports in coming days....all we can do is wait and see.

Add inconvenience and stress to โ€˜dramaโ€™. I need results from eBay not criticism from โ€˜privateโ€™ buyers.

As for no one else posting about this problem on the board I canโ€™t answer that but then again I havenโ€™t checked Facebook but then Iโ€™m not on Facebook so Iโ€™m probably wrong and it must be my dramatic imagination again.

If buyers are complaining on facebook then they are not going to get much help from the experienced members who post here.

Happy shopping and kind regards

Message 4 of 52
Latest reply

Unable to paySeller

Not sure why you're complaining about not being able to request a call back for Friday the 11th, given it's only 7am on Friday the 11th and eBay isn't open yet. They aren't going to call you back if they aren't open to taking calls. You should have seen the opening hours on the help page. I can assure you that they aren't open at midnight. Try again after 10am.

Message 5 of 52
Latest reply

Unable to paySeller

I'd be pretty annoyed too, if this happened to me.

The reason you're not seeing a lot of complaints here on the noticeboard is probably because only a tiny, tiny number of ebay users actually come to the boards. I'd be shocked if it even worked out at one in 10,000. Not many people, anyway, considering we're it from all over Aust.

And of those who do come here, probably very few buy more than 3 items at a time from a seller or have done lately. So you're looking at a small subset of people.

It doesn't matter if it hasn't happened to everyone else and only some purchases are affected. In fact in a way that is worse, because as you say, a lot of sellers may not even be aware there is an issue.

This is a technical error that ebay should have been working frantically to fix because it seems they are very well aware of it.

As for the message you got about a call back. unacceptable, especially since you didn't even request a call back yesterday!

The message that came up for you should have been one that was approriate for the actual situation eg Call back option only available between 9am-5pm EST (or whatever the actual hours are). It is not yet 8am here in Melb so they may not be open to calls yet but again, if they are not, I see this as fairly slack too. Ebay isn't the sort of place people use just in business hours so I would have thought longer hours of online help would be appropriate. In my book, I think 7am-9pm would be fairer.

If I were you, I would contact the seller involved, the one from whom you bought 40+ items, and explain to him exactly what is happening and that you are doing the best you can to pay it.

When you do get your call back later today, perhaps ask the operator if they can manually work it so you can make the payment. 

Message 6 of 52
Latest reply

Unable to paySeller

@shat

did you really think youโ€™d get a call back at 12.38am?  Thatโ€™s what I call optimism.  Iโ€™d nominate you for an award for that if there was one.

I think we can all agree that this is JANUARY

Message 7 of 52
Latest reply

Unable to paySeller

OMG I am so sorry about that shat.

My iPad is always correcting my spelling and it does not recognise โ€œshatzโ€ so it put @shat.

Message 8 of 52
Latest reply

Unable to paySeller

@shatz52 wrote:

That might be why you can't pay, at least on this particular transaction.

No buyer on eBay can ever pay for more than 40 items in any one transaction, I don't know why, but this limit has always existed. I know because I sell craft supplies, and occasionally get people buying over 40 items at once. (Just to clarify, I mean 41+ different items, there's no problems if you buy say 20 of only five different items). 

If they put over 40 in their cart, they either can't check out, or if they do and manage to pay, their payment will be split into two separate payments.

Your seller is going to need to split the invoices so that there isn't more than 40 on one. 

Message 9 of 52
Latest reply

Unable to paySeller

Hello Tippy Toes,

Please accept my apology for the mix-up in detail. Iโ€™ve been up for over 24 hours stressing about this and Iโ€™m sleep deprived . . .so my earlier posts reflect discrepancies and inaccuracies.

I called eBay Wednesday and when I went to request a โ€˜Callbackโ€™ Thursday and I got a message prompt that I exceeded my limit of โ€˜oneโ€™ request in a day . . . so I phoned them instead (on Thursday) โ€“ they weโ€™re open till 10pm and of course I discussed the issue again and the status was still the same . . .unable to pay . . .eBay working on a solution. Then in the early hours of Friday I tried to pay again and with no luck. So, thatโ€™s where it sits for now.

Thanks for the advice ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers

DISCLAIMER: If you find discrepancies or inaccuracies with my post please tell me . . . it's the VIBE of the thing

Message 10 of 52
Latest reply