Update on Gel Mattress topper wrong size

I've been busy getting NBN connected, so just getting back to let you all know what happened. Well, as said before, box came with wrong size on it 5cm not 8cm thick. So messages went back and forth between me and the Seller, they kept insisting it was the right item, and I didn't want to open it and let the item expand to find out it was incorrect. I just got so sick of the whole thing and had to wind things up and get on with getting the NBN connected. I didn't want anything in limbo in case of NBN problems, so I put it to the Seller that if I did open it and found it was only 5 cm, would they reimburse me the difference in cost and I would keep it. They assured me they would, so I unpacked the topper (it was supposed to take 24 hours to fully expand) but in a short time it was obvious that it was more than 5cm. So it has expanded to the full 8cm and it is really great.

As for the NBN, for all of you who are yet to connect.  Speeds are good except for last night when it slowed right down, maybe it was because of everyone checking up on the election. We will see... Three landlines connected and working, so it is not true you cannot have more than one. A minor problem with turning off messagebank at the moment. I will give a review on it all in a month, for those of you who are dreading it as much as I did.   

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

A good suggestion made with a good result. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

I am glad it all worked out but really & truly, that seller needs to do some serious work on his stock.

You just *can't* go around selling a mattress topper with a choice to customers of 5cm thick or 8 cm thick (with a subsequent price difference), then send your 8cm toppers out with labels saying 5cm. It is asking for trouble. 

He needs to re-label his stock, put some label on it that assures people it is indeed an 8cm topper.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply