Urgent help needed - Multiple strikes for unpaid items paid 2 weeks ago with proof from Paypal!

Posting here before contacting eBay or Paypal regarding this as right now I have NO idea who I should be dealing with and am nearly in tears...I feel sick as over $200 is missing. Please excuse the length, I'm also going to give this link along with the Paypal screenshots to each seller as I don't where to start with explaining it to them!

Firstly, I'd better explain as to why I had no idea there was an issue or any strikes until now as I have no idea what the hell is going on with my account. I haven't really been on here in the last 2 weeks as I've had a mild case of glandular fever and feel like **bleep**, but I did post about what seemed to be a glitch 2 weeks ago where all the items I'd paid for were not showing as paid. I was told it was probably an ebay glitch as ALL transactions were paid for via checkout and visible in Paypal...they still are. 

At no point have I had ANY unpaid item cases appear until now. Nope, not one. I haven't had any emails regarding anything either. Today I went to pay for some items and suddenly have 2 unpaid item cases open and the rest of the items I paid for are showing as having had unpaid item cases opened and then closed in favour of the sellers....and not ONE showed up on my end until now!! Now I've got a sudden influx of messages and emails dated from over the last two weeks, yet all have only just appeared on my end today!

I'm lost and completely stressed out. Every single item was paid together in one go when I went through Checkout as per usual two weeks ago. Nearly all are sellers I've bought from before, and as I often buy items at the same time then I've been through checkout and paid all sellers at the same time quite a few times. 

Every single transaction went through. ALL immediately showed up in Paypal, I have screenshots of all of them. I double checked at the time as they simply weren't showing as paid under my purchase history which was the suspected glitch. Obviously it wasn't a glitch and I'm missing $200 or so as according to Paypal, every invoice was paid for, yet clearly none of the sellers received the funds. Every detail for each payment in Paypal for the sellers I've used before is correct, and the funds are gone.

What on earth do I do??! I haven't been on the ball as much due to being sick but despite all the messages and strikes now showing, none of them did so before now. I was literally flooded with them and have never experienced anything like this, I have no idea what is going on.

I now have to message every seller and apologise for having no idea and also to give them the screenshots, along with a link to this in the hope it explains some of it. I don't know where to start though with getting help - do I go via eBay where something clearly stuffed up via checkout, or do I go via Paypal to find out where the heck the funds have gone? Frankly I'm not exactly trusting of either right now for obvious reasons.

Apologies for the novel but has anyone ever experienced this? What on earth do I do?! TIA.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Urgent help needed - Multiple strikes for unpaid items paid 2 weeks ago with proof from Paypal!

Sorry to hear whats happened,I'd contact PayPal immediately and speak to them because as you say the payments show in your PayPal as being paid and also they have been taken out of your bank account.

Explain to PayPal that you have received unpaid item cases against you but that you have actually paid for those items and ask them to investigate.

Good Luck

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Firstly relax and take a deep breath.

It appears you may be over looking something.

It is highly unlikely both eBay and email accounts will have had delayed messages sent.

Check eBay purchases against PayPal transactions and if funds have been taken for payment then you are covered if there are any glitches that have occurred.

image host
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

Sorry to hear whats happened,I'd contact PayPal immediately and speak to them because as you say the payments show in your PayPal as being paid and also they have been taken out of your bank account.

Explain to PayPal that you have received unpaid item cases against you but that you have actually paid for those items and ask them to investigate.

Good Luck

Thank you. I'll contact Paypal then as I've just had a look and I've had SIX cases close with two still open (yet I truly don't get why they didn't show until now!!) that were only in the last few days, yet every single payment was made successfully via Paypal when I went through checkout 2 weeks ago. I truly don't get it, all of them show they went to each seller, and those I've bought from before showed the correct details.

Basically it all went as usual when I paid them but not one seller received the funds, I of course have had each case closed against me for items that were paid for and are not being sent, and the money has gone! It only happened to each seller I paid when I went through checkout at that particular time.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Firstly relax and take a deep breath.

It appears you may be over looking something.

It is highly unlikely both eBay and email accounts will have had delayed messages sent.

Check eBay purchases against PayPal transactions and if funds have been taken for payment then you are covered if there are any glitches that have occurred.

That's what I thought too...there had to something there surely? I used to buy/sell a lot on ebay years ago and have never had anything like this.

Nope, not one single message or unpaid item case displayed before today...none! I have never had anything like that before, I didn't get any emails until today either. I posted 2 weeks ago as when I went through checkout, all those items still showed as unpaid which was a first. That was when we thought it was a glitch as all items had indeed been paid for successfully and showed as such in Paypal. Nothing after that until now when I was hit with it all at once and I thought "WTAF?!!".

I'm having to contact every seller with screenshots of the Paypal transactions, all of them show they were paid 2 weeks ago and yep, funds are gone. Yet on the eBay side of things, they still show as unpaid and have been closed except for the one that's still open. So the funds are gone yet the items aren't paid for. It's a mess, I'm seriously worried about where the heck the funds are as I'm now not only missing $200 but also all of the items AND have strikes for them, it's mental!

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

@newskin_vintagethreads,

First of all, contact PayPal by phone (not by email.)

Call PayPal Customer Service

1800 073 263 (toll free)
+61 2 8223 9500

Go to this page (https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/contact-us) for your one-off passcode.
[You'll be asked to enter this unique code on the phone.)

Customer Service hours

6am to 10pm AEST Monday to Friday
8am to 7pm AEST Saturday and Sunday

Get the issue of your money sorted out first.

Then secondly, contact eBay. eBay's "Have us call you" (<< link) option is by far the best way to get in touch with eBay. (Emails are useless, for a number of reasons, but primarily because the responses, when they are finally sent, are bot-generated. Don't bother with eBay chat, and don't bother with calling eBay. Use the Have us call you option.)

eBay say: We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number.

Weโ€™re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week.

You should be able to speak to a CS rep with the evidence that you have, to get those Unpaid Item strikes removed.

Once you've done those two things, the main problems will be sorted out. Then you can spend time contacting individual sellers, etc., but until you've got those two main issues fixed (your money and the strikes), you'd be punching in the dark.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

I can't find the have us call you link when I click on Help. I've only ever seen the chat with us or call us link. There isn't even the option to email any more. I was one of the few who did have success with email......I knew how to get around the bots.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Well. ........ cheeky sods

I can get to it but then it comes up

This contact channel is temporarily unavailable

Woman Frustrated

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

The Have Us Call You is missing for me too.......it must have been too easy for us to get to the experts and by pass the call centre.Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Probably forgot to pay the phone bill.
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply