Valid Complaint = malicious feedback?

First and last time I will buy a custom made men's tuxedo suit online.   I provided height, weight, neck size, measurements from a current suit that fits and finally body measurements according to the Seller's guides provided in the listing.  Jacket and Shirts were at least 1 size too small.  Return Cost via Australia Post cost me +-AU$70.00!!!   Seller refused exchange or refund, so I had to fight for a refund via Paypal escalation.

My partner eventually attended the formal event in a good secondhand tuxedo suit & shirt bought off a local Aus Seller, who is not a tailor, but assessed suit size correctly MERELY on height + weight + neck size?

I gave the Seller the negative feedback they deserve, now they claim malicious feedback.   Dear oh dear, why would I want to put myself through all that bull--- to get a cheap thrill on negative feedback?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Imagine if eBay paid Sellers for sharing their expertise, currently eBay only pays a company to run their forums.
Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

colkym
Community Member

It seems like its nto the first time the seller has had such issues- I would follow up to the comment and put something along the lines of "Not malicious, just truthful".

Dont agree to a revision until such time the seller rectifies the error.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Yeah it is curious how another buyer had a similar complaint to mine.

Next question, how does a Buyer, who left negative feedback, follow up on Seller comment like that.  I looked but cannot find a way to do this.

Paypal refunded me in full, thank God for Paypal!  I'm just sore about the Australia Post AU$70.00 return postage I had to pay, dead loss!   That's the reality if you buy fairly costly items from overseas, returns are not an option!   I've learnt my lesson.

I also just want to do a good word for local Aus Sellers of Men's formal wear / tuxedo's, especially the second hand market.  Consider them before you buy new from overseas, they may not be tailors but are great at sizing, good alternative.  example http://myworld.ebay.com.au/remmingtonvssf/

Imagine if eBay paid Sellers for sharing their expertise, currently eBay only pays a company to run their forums.
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Next question, how does a Buyer, who left negative feedback, follow up on Seller comment like that.  I looked but cannot find a way to do this.

there is prob an easier way, but this is the ONLY way i know how.
Click on your own feedback score > then click on feedback forum> look left>> it says *respond to feedback left*  or something like that.
click on that link and up comes all your feedback and to the left is the option to *respond*

🙂

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Just as well the seller is obviously too ignorant to know they could have your FB removed because you mentioned PP dispute, which is against eBay rules and is grounds for FB removal.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

there is prob an easier way, but this is the ONLY way i know how.
Click on your own feedback score > then click on feedback forum> look left>> it says *respond to feedback left*  or something like that.
click on that link and up comes all your feedback and to the left is the option to *respond*

🙂

tks, it worked, I managed to vent a bit more!

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Just as well the seller is obviously too ignorant to know they could have your FB removed because you mentioned PP dispute, which is against eBay rules and is grounds for FB removal.

Ah well, there you go, you learn something new every day

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Such a pity we can't refer to Paypal disputes, if Paypal files a case in your favor it gives your case more substance, else it's just your word against theirs.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Dont agree to a revision until such time the seller rectifies the error.

He won't, he refused size exchange or refund long before I opened the Paypal dispute.  I think he is probably too "vain" to admit he made a mistake, he clams he is a tailor so would rather face bad feedback than acknowledge that as a "professional" he got the size wrong this time, he seems to get it right most of the time?

I'm not unreasonable or bent on giving bad feedback but all I got was a loss of AU$70.00!

It all went wrong because his measurement guide states the chest measurement should be "snug".  No chest measurement for man should be snug, it should be relaxed!

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z70/espionage_fashion/Ah%20Shu%20-%20Suit%20Size/measurementguidefrombodycopy.jpg

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

zigzagdot, im putting it here in your thread so you find it easier.

to find out what someone else won, bidded on, etc thats not already in feedback is this way.

(HINT: Before clicking on anything, hold down the *shift key*... then click...this will open it in a new web page, so as to not take you away from the current page of [usually] the discussion board)

click on THAT persons feedback. (if no feedback score, then click on their name, it will take you to their page where their feedback is, then you can click on their feedback score)

^^ up there at top of page and over to the >>right is ADVANCED SEARCH. click on it.

now, over to the <<left is a list. You want to click  BY BIDDER.

then a new page will ask you to check boxes either by highest bidder and/or completed listing. I always check both of them.

There is another way to check *other* stuff you cant find here, but if you want me to tell you that way, you will need to PM me.
If i post it here, i will get a good slap on the butt and this is not 50 shades of ebay! :^O

cheers.

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply