Voucher failed

I was emailed a $10 voucher to spend on an Ebay Paypal purchase. I have a programme that puts a key beside real Ebay emails and this one had the key. I bought a swimsuit and applied the voucher. It seemed to be accepted and took the $10 off the total but when I went to do the final payment I was informed this email address is not connected to your account and asked to pay the full amount. I would not have bought the item if I had not been given the voucher but I was now forced into paying the full amount because I bought it on a "buy it now". The statement about the email address not being connected is false. It is my connected email and the voucher was sent, by Ebay, to that email address. The fine print on the voucher email says Ebay will not be responsible for failure while trying to use the voucher. I feel cheated by Ebay and want to warn others not to fall into this trap/scam/whatever it is. If it is not a scam and someone knows what I did wrong, please tell me. i would like the $10 back.

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Voucher failed

@4myson2003 wrote:

happened to me too a few months ago and had to pay full price.

Since then i might have received half a dozen more voucher emails and i just delete them.

GOOD ONE EBAY  !

GOOD ONE PAYPAL !

Message 31 of 42
Latest reply

Why would you just delete the vouchers?

If they don't work just ring paypal and they will put the $10 into your paypal account as compensation.

You are very lucky to get vouchers....those of us who have been using paypal regularly for yeare don't get them

Message 32 of 42
Latest reply

I want a voucher, I want a voucher, I want a voucher!!!  bawling.gif

Sad that those of use who are big buyers never get to reap the rewards like everyone else. I've actually put a halt on buying for the time being, I wonder how long you have to not buy to have $$ thrown at you? How does one get MANY vouchers?

Message 33 of 42
Latest reply

Knew I could find some discussion here on the boards.

Yep - I also received voucher and was waiting to use it - now I've made a purchase it seems like I am also unable to redeem it ๐Ÿ˜ž  
= same error messages.  Have contacted PayPal and will wait to see ..............

Spoiler

Message 34 of 42
Latest reply

Don't rely on emailing paypal....you will wait forever and might not get an answer at all.

Ring them on their 1800 number and you will probably find the $10 is credited to your account while you are on the phone.

Message 35 of 42
Latest reply

Thanks Lyndal for the advice

Will give that a go...... ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 36 of 42
Latest reply

Thanks for the advice Lyndal

Contacted PayPal on 1800 number and while I was on the phone got the $10 credit.
Worth pursuing methinks!!

Message 37 of 42
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

If they don't work just ring paypal and they will put the $10 into your paypal account as compensation.

you are wrong lyndal..

After trying the voucher and it didnt work,  i DID ring paypal and they said it was sent out by error and was not to be sent out at all and many ebay members were affected (including 2 other family members).

SO no, i was NOT given the $10 from paypal in any shape or form..

That is why i delete them and treat them like a suspicious email..

Message 38 of 42
Latest reply

@4myson2003 wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

you are wrong lyndal..

After trying the voucher and it didnt work,  i DID ring paypal and they said it was sent out by error and was not to be sent out at all and many ebay members were affected (including 2 other family members).

SO no, i was NOT given the $10 from paypal in any shape or form..

That is why i delete them and treat them like a suspicious email..

There is no need to be so snippy......have a look at the post directly above yours......other members have received the $10 into their accounts.

I would say that more members have received the $10 than not.

If you are continuing to get the emails I would say they are not from paypal but are fakes...paypal just does not keep sending out the same email.

Message 39 of 42
Latest reply

with 10,500 plus posts you have makes you an expert never wrong know all dose it ?

i was only stating what i found thats all.

Message 40 of 42
Latest reply