WHY IS IT THAT EBAY MEMBER <Removed> IS PERMITTED TO RETRACT BIDS. 9 IN 1 MTH 34 IN LAST 6MTHS

AND WHY DOES EBAY NOT REDUCE HIS FEEDBACK TO 50% AND PLACE A WARNING MESSAGE ON HIS A/c.

THE ANSWER IS SIMPLY ( THEY MIGHT LOSE SOME FEES )

EBAY WHY NOT SHOW ALL YOUR MEMBERS THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO DO THE RIGHT THING BY ALL THE MEMBERS

AND GET RID OF THIS SCUM BAG

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: WHY IS IT THAT EBAY MEMBER <Removed> IS PERMITTED TO RETRACT BIDS. 9 IN 1 MTH 34 IN LAST 6

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Any member can retract bids and it has no effect on their feedback.

Why do you think this member should have their feedback % reduced?

Ebay has placed a warning on his account as you have seen and stated in your post.....but the retractions are over 12 months, not 6 as you say.

I don't think your annoyance with ebay gives you the right to yell at other members...try turning off your caps lock if you want to be taken seriously in your rants.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Re: WHY IS IT THAT EBAY MEMBER <Removed> IS PERMITTED TO RETRACT BIDS. 9 IN 1 MTH 34 IN LAST 6

I would much rather a buyer retracted a bid than ended up winning the listing and not paying. If you don't want to be bothered by cancelled bids sell your items BIN or with immediate payment required.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I would have thought that it was obvious,

he is an ebay cheat, he retracts his bid without permission from the seller and uses the excuse that he put in the incorrect amount, that is hard to do when it is the only bid.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

You're not the only one sick to death of bid retractions. I am a buyer and on an item I was bidding on the other night I noticed one little darling with bid after bid after bid had 54 bid retractions. What an absolute joke this is. Because as only another bidder I cannot see that slimy one's user ID I can't do any reporting. It is up to the seller of the item to inform Trust and Safety whatever of the tactics but obviously there are plenty out there like that charmer. Another beaut on a different seller's item I was bidding on bidded me up to just under my max bid then no more. Would have retracted the bid no doubt if it was over his/her desired amount. Surely some automated detection could be implemented so that if you keep doing this you get booted off Ebay for a specified time.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

sprinkles, from experience it would appear that to T & S bid retractions are a very low priority, I saw one that was bidding on one of my seller's listings that had nearly 700 in 12 months and from memory over 100 in the previous 30 days.

Both the seller and myself reported them (multiple times by both email and phone) and it still took T & S 3 months to do anything about it.................go figure..............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Yes Padi. Very poor response and yet there are some sellers who don't like buyers who snipe bid in the last few seconds. Well, sorry, can you blame them when that goes on?
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Exactly.

The ebay guides say that if you retract a bid because you put in the wrong amount, you are supposed to re-bid immediately with the correct price, but some people blatantly abuse the system. They retract bids as they wish, they bid another person up and up and then retract a bid even a day or so later if it looks as if the other person is not going to counter bid any more.

And not a thing happens to them, usually. Ebay doesn't seem to care.

I am mainly a buyer but I haven't liked it when it has happened to me and left me winning an auction I had given up watching days earlier.

I don't care what anyone says, if you are outbid and the new bid stands for over an hour, then second bidder should not be obliged to go ahead with a purchase if the bid is later retracted.

Sure, a person did bid, but once you are outbid you should be entitled to move on and look for another item to fit the bill.

I bet that would cause ebay to lift their game.

For instance, if someone ticks the box that they put in the wrong price, then fair enough, let them also tick retract but an auto rebid box should come up next to it, where they are obliged to put in the new bid and it should have to be above the last bid amount. It should be an automatic part of completing the bid retraction in cases where people claim wrong amount.

Retractions for change of mind should be restricted to one or two a year.

And yes, it may lead to some sales falling through, but if sellers also followed up with an unpaid items strike, the troublemakers might soon find their bidding options restricted.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply