Waiting for an item to arrive, 3months after I've paid for it, and the transaction has disappeared

79jmb
Community Member

I purchased a pair of pants from a Hong Kong seller (which I was concerned about due to their neg feedback, but they were cheap, and I thought I would risk it. 3 months later, I'm still waiting for them. I emailed them about 4 weeks ago, they said they would send me another pair. So 4 weeks later, still waiting for the 2nd pair. I went to find the order details so I could get a tracking number, and the order has completely disappeared from my purchase list. I asked the seller <Removed> and they avoided the question. I asked Ebay chat who said to contact the seller.... Well that didn't work. So I'm wondering could they have cancelled the transaction (despite the fact this seller still tells me the pants are still coming), so that I'm unable to leave neg feedback?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Waiting for an item to arrive, 3months after I've paid for it, and the transaction has disappeared

All you can really do after all this time is try and open an item not received dispute through PayPal. You won't get any help from the seller because they know you can no longer leave them feedback. Any messages you send will be ignored. Always go with your gut feeling with feedback. If it doesn't look good, find another seller. For a high volume seller, 98.9% feedback rating is terrible.

You can try and find the item in your purchase history under the hidden items. I doubt it will show you the tracking number, but you can still try. In future, don't leave anything so long when it hasn't arrived. If you buy from an Asian seller, if they offer to send a replacement, tell them you would prefer a refund. Offering to send a replacement is a stalling tactic.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I'm assuming that you paid with PayPal?  Check your PayPal account to check if your address is correct and the status of your payment.  Items can take some time to arrive from OS, but you should have chased this up earlier.  Some Chinese sellers are notorious for saying they will send a replacement item and never do.

i would suggest you follow up with PayPal as an INR "item not received".  You have left it rather a long time to follow up.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

I checked hidden items, not there. I actually emailed them not long after the due date that it was origially supposed to arrive, they said just give another week, which I did. Then I emailled them again they said they would resend, but in the meantime the whole transaction has disppeared. I didn't know that was possible. But lucky I kept all emails from them. In reality, I'm not worried about a $5 item, its the principle though.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

for a start you are not allowed to name the seller on here , it will be removed shortly,anyway,   no offence but why would you buy something that has feedback a mile long stating items not arived , but you thougt oh well its cheap enough,  amazing

your purchase will only last a curtain time on your list i think its 60 days , but if not i am sure someone will correct me. 

i am going to have a quess  you have a better chance of winning tatsloto  ,than for you to be wearing those pants.

there is an old saying  he who knows they are going to get ripped off wears no pants.mmmm

on a lighter note i hope you get a miracle and your pants get delivered.  have a nice day.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I originally got in touch with them just after the due date, they told me to wait another week, and it was after that week that I msg'd again and they said they would replace it. So I have been in touch with them the whole time, I dind't leave it  3 months after purchase to do send them a msg. I've given them the benefit of the doubt the whole time, but more fool me, I guess!!

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Sorry didn't know you weren't allowed to name the seller,never been on here before

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Fair enough - so go through PayPal with an item not received request.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

no problems  just letting you know in the future ,,

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

The reason why I bought them, I took the risk, I liked them , only cost $5, thats why.  But I was just curious as to how the transaction disppeared.  Thats all I really wanted know. Don't actually care if the pants come or not, not after waiting so long

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply