Watched items , Sellers increase the price on items that are being watched

Thought I was just imagining things but recently I have started to add a Note to a Watched item stating the price at the time I put it on my Watch List after noticing that the prices on some items seem to differ to what I first saw them listed at .

3 out of the 20 odd items prices have since been increased ( not relisted items either )  Why would Sellers do this ? Do they think that when they get watchers the item/s are worth more etc.

I'm a bit perplexed by it . I understand that goods might increase etc but these are current listings , not a big deal in the scope of things but it does stop me from buying from them .

Is this common ? Does it work for Sellers ( ie once interest is generated do they really get more sales from such tactics ? )

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I've had nothing but problems with many eBay purchases especially over the last few years with overseas sellers hacking up postage even after I won the item at auction or just went through the buy it now checkout.as well as the totally illegal 10% GST ( thanks Harvey Norman ) and then the converting from their currency to Australian dollar note they always use the lowest conversion rate so they mark the dollar at a far lower rate than market value plus often the postage can be up to $50 to $60 more at checkout.i won one item from the UK at $72 Aus plus $15 postage.with GST should've been $95 total.final amount was $145 at checkout.also have currently got a bike in my cart that was $199 Aus three days ago.it then went up to $239 and today $259 it's not an auction or sale item and I need to know us this illegal

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Wrong, most items are marked at a set price and not noted as being on sale orcat suction there's no info given by sellers talking about time limits on the price listed or it being on sale etc like department stores. It's a set price in the sane country you live in so you can't use conversion rates to justify increases.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

You can't bid on a non auction item or if the seller hasn't included or best offer.also if the jerk is increasing the price of the listed items and it still hasn't been sold then it defies the logic of supply and demand. I intend to buy a bike that has been listed for months and it keeps getting listed as a higher price every few days.im not talking about a few dollars but increases of $30 at a time so what he is trying to do is disgraceful 

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

Good grief!     You're replying to a 7 year old thread.

Start a new one if you need to ask something.

All the answers on this one are undoubtedly wrong now.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Don't buy it then. Nothing disgraceful - probably trying to discourage tyrekickers like you.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply