What address do i use to send back item

I purchased an item from the US but decided to return it.

I have received my refund (see below) but i have no idea what address to send it back to?
Envelope states an address in NSW however prostmaster said that i have to sent item back to Alabama which was where the item originally came from.
I cant contact the seller and tell them that I will keep item and refund them the item and all P&H incurred.
If i have send the item back to Alabama its going to cost me a fortune.
I live in Australia and just want to do the right thing by EBay etc
Can anyone please help ?

Purchase price$20.00
Original shipping$26.03

Total refund$46.03
Refunded toOriginal payment method
Dec 15
Return started

Reason for return

Doesn't match description or photos

Details

It looks nothing like it does in the photos. It looks as though its been worn.

Dec 14
Delivered

Nov 18
Item purchased
Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In general eBay requires the seller to pay for return postage for not as described returns.

Within Australia, that would be by the seller providing a postage label, but that is not possible with overseas sellers.

I wouldn't do anything at this time.

The seller could well have decided the cost of return is not worth the cost of return postage, which is probably the case.

In these circumstances, it is the seller's responsibility to organise the return. If they won't answer your messages, I would keep the item and the money.

I wouldn't normally recommend this action, but you shouldn't be out of pocket for something that wasn't as described, nor should you repay and keep an item that is not as described.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

In general eBay requires the seller to pay for return postage for not as described returns.

Within Australia, that would be by the seller providing a postage label, but that is not possible with overseas sellers.

I wouldn't do anything at this time.

The seller could well have decided the cost of return is not worth the cost of return postage, which is probably the case.

In these circumstances, it is the seller's responsibility to organise the return. If they won't answer your messages, I would keep the item and the money.

I wouldn't normally recommend this action, but you shouldn't be out of pocket for something that wasn't as described, nor should you repay and keep an item that is not as described.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply regarding this matter 🙂 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply