What has happened to Aus Post???

Using 'covid', floods or the broken railway track that fixed weeks ago as an apparent 'reason' for the absolute disgusting standards of service is now getting worn badly.

5 weeks for parcels from eastern states to WA then they are sat at Welshpool for a couple of weeks!
Why didn't they just move all freight by AIR??
Is the infrastructure in this country really as bad as India in the 1980s???

I can't be the only one disgusted by all this and the stress it's causing (unless their are AP shills and trolls now about to put me in my place...).
How about they do the 'right thing' and reduce their pricing to reflect the shoddy company they are??
Also, why is no politician on any side even bothered about the shambles they are? There needs to be a Royal Commission to investigate the corruptness and ineptness.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Why are you banging on about this on an eBay forum?

Speak to Aust. Post .

Or Craig Kelly... he seems to have all the solutions.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

A Bump in the Quixotic road

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I posted a non ebay parcel last week from very remote NSW to Useless Loop in WA (which is also pretty remote from what I could see). It arrived in 4 days. It was standard post, not express. I told the lady to expect 4 weeks, so was pleasantly surprised when she sent me a photo of her parcel 4 days later.

Maybe it's just you they don't like.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

Why are you banging on about this on an eBay forum?

Speak to Aust. Post .

Or Craig Kelly... he seems to have all the solutions.

----------------------------------------------------------------

It makes sense that the OP should post their thoughts on this issue. They are valid!  And Aust post has dropped their standards somewhat.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

@b4zoomlens wrote:

I'm 'banging' on about this on an ebay forum because it's pretty RELEVANT to BUYING.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Well b4zoonlens, I have to concede to the fact that you are making sense here and you have valid points!  Sitting here and not speaking about these issues such as the one you have chosen to address does more harm than good.  You've chosen to speak out and that's a good thing! You've pointed out some things that are true and I have to agree with you.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

You know b4zoomlens, I think some folk need to understand that people such as yourself have a right to speak out on things. There's nothing wrong with your lead in post and I can't understand the negativity. It's voices like yours that have instigated positive change in various issues over the years.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

hbrih3
Community Member

Put a complaint with the Ombudsman  https://www.ombudsman.gov.au/How-we-can-help/postal-industry-ombudsman

I received a reply from AP blaming the floods for parcel overdue by weeks so I've let them know it was a lame excuse since parcel was dues before the recent floods began and has been sitting in WA warehouse for 10 days without moving. Even offered to walk there to pick it up myself to save them the inconvenience of having to deliver it themselves.

Today I checked the tracking on another item that left Dandenong South a week ago on a trip around Victoria only to get back there today so they clearly don't have enough work if they can play "pass the parcel" back and forth.

Still not as bad as the diesel injector I bought last year from the next suburb just 8km away,  it first went down to a Bunbury warehouse 200km South of my post office for a couple of days of rest then on a 800km journey North to Geraldton where it rested a couple more days before coming South again 700km to Pinjarra post office then a final 80km trip North to my post office.  My guess for the reason behind the extra 2,000km of travel was the seller added an extra $1 stamp on the bag so AP tried to give the seller his money's worth.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

You know b4zoomlens, I think some folk need to understand that people such as yourself have a right to speak out on things. There's nothing wrong with your lead in post.

-------------------

I'd agree with that in that people have a right to vent their frustration or ask questions about all aspects of selling and sometimes that will incluide discussion about Aus Post or couriers etc

I don't have a problem with the post as such but repentatleisure is quite right in that the best way to address the issue is to contact Aus Post directly. Before contacting them though, b4zoomlens needs to have his facts all sorted and written down in order. Date & place parcel posted, tracking and timing details etc. That way they can investigate.

I have had occasion to contact them directly and I don't know if it was my complaint or not (or perhaps several complaints like mine) but it did seem to make a difference.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

I was so surprised this week that both AusPost and Sendle delivered earlier than expected.

Both parcels from Victoria to NSW - AusPost took 3 business days to deliver (which used to be the normal time, but at the moment it is supposed to take longer), Sendle just 2. But I think it is all a bit random at the moment

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply