What is that about?

jsyl8789
Community Member

An entry for a bid says private bidder - identity protected. What's that about and can anybody do it.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: What is that about?

I asked him the same as the question I asked here and told him what info people had provided. He just says he knows nothing. I won't bid again though if I see a similar entry for an item as posters here seem to know what they're talking about.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Oh dear, you have a lot to learn about acceptable behaviour on ebay.

It is one thing to ask a seller what a Private Listing is all about but telling them that you have been advised that they are participating in shill bidding is really not on.....and more so when it has not been proved that they are doing this

I suspect that the seller has now banned you from bidding on any of their listings.   And I suspect you have also been placed on the Blocked Bidders List of many other sellers who read these boards.

You just cannot go around accusing sellers of wrongdoing without a lot more proof than the fact that they have Private Listings.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

There's lots worse things in life, Lyndal.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Yes, there certainly are worse things in life but you are on the ebay boards asking for advice which you have been given.

What you do with that advice is entirely in your hands.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply