What is wrong with some sellers???

I thought the whole idea of being on ebay was to sell your stuff to anyone who wanted to buy - correct? Assuming you have good feedback and are a decent member of the community!
Since when did Aussie sellers turn into arrogant sellers like a lot of the US ebayers if you try to contact them and you're an 'outsider'. I have met some extremely nice Americans and have traded with many, but the majority won't even answer you if you're interested in buying their products.
Well, now it's happening over here. I contacted a seller about having an item she makes done up. These items are $50 and I would have thought that at this time of year everyone is looking for extra cash and sales. But even 4 days later she can't even be bothered to answer my message, but has time to keep listing her items.
Just plain bloody RUDE!
As a seller myself, I wouldn't bother to list on ebay if I didn't want to sell. My feedback is 100%, so there's no reason there to judge not to trade with me.
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

The seller may not have received your message. eBay messages can be unreliable. Try sending another message either through the Contact  button on their profile page or using Ask a question on a listing. Or try both. Hoepfully you will get a response.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

There has been several posts on the Discussion Boards about sellers having trouble responding to buyers emails - it is a definite glitch.    Keep trying, I am sure it is not the seller's fault.

Of course there is a teeny teeny possibility that if you have unpaid strikes against you the seller has blocked all communication from non-paying buyers.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Re: What is wrong with some sellers???

Some buyers Smiley Tongue

As a seller myself, I wouldn't bother to list on ebay if I didn't want to sell. My feedback is 100%, so there's no reason there to judge not to trade with me.

By the way -  buyers can only have 100% feedback so all this tells a seller is how much you have bought.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Is it possible to cancel the purchase cos of no response from the seller.  The difference is, I have not paid yet.  After reading the seller's negative feedback, i emailed to the seller to test if the seller does not response at all.  So, is it possible to cancal the purcashe? and  how?

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I had an unanswered question pop up today from 9-11-14.

A seller want's to sell.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

@dreams1514 wrote:

Is it possible to cancel the purchase cos of no response from the seller.  The difference is, I have not paid yet.  After reading the seller's negative feedback, i emailed to the seller to test if the seller does not response at all.  So, is it possible to cancal the purcashe? and  how?

You buy - you pay - that's the rule.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

As curaone has said - you buy - you pay,

the time to check a sellers feedback is before you bid or buy!

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Sometimes life gets in the way of ebay - they maybe in a darkened room with a migraine for a few days for e.g. (has happened to me) & listings may have been preprogrammed,

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Maybe it had something to do with the question you asked
Like this question I received … (no greetings, please etc … just …)
Any writing inside or anywhere on pages, any dogear pages, mould, musty smell about the book at all?
This is after I had graded this book as “Excellent/Very Good … a lovely presented book” … THREE TIMES in the description
Like, are you calling me a liar ?… I have been on ebay 10 years, over 5000 100% feedback
I did reply … with some very choice words
And received a reply that I was so rude they would not buy off me
No Worries … I had already put them on my “Special List” before I replied
Or maybe you were the person who asked FIVE questions … all of which were FULLY answered/covered in the photos/description
Sorry, but your 100% as a buyer means jack all

It is not over until the Fat Ladies post

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply