When you are a buyer why wont sellers leave feedback first, They always seem to wait for yours

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

When you are a buyer why wont sellers leave feedback first, They always seem to wait for yours

Hi Sharky! No doubt you are aware that the leaving if feedback is VOLUNTARY ! Will it make any difference if sellers leave feedback?

You have the item they have the cash! In any case a seller can only leave positive feedback so buyer's feeback is largely meaningless.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Hi Sharky. I am a seller  and I always leave feedback as soon as the buyer has paid for he item. Positive feedback from the buyer to the seller is how ebay rates its sellers, and rewards  them buy pushing their listings higher up the search rankings. That is why sellers say they will wait for your positive feedback before they give you positive feedback in return. They are just trying to keep up their feedback rating at 100%. But Sellers can only leave positive feedback anyway so they are just trying to trick you. 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

eBay allow a seller to set their feedback to respond with a positive when the buyer leaves positive. So that would be one reason. Another would be that sellers don't feel a transaction is complete until they know the buyer has received the item and is happy with it. A third would be that buyers can only receive positive feedback, so buyer feedback is only a count of items they have bought that the seller has left feedback for.

A fourth would be all of the above, PLUS feedback is voluntary.

eg A buyer who emails several times a day asking where their item is, starting day 1, would tend to gain no feedback, given the seller can't give them a negative. This happens.

i leave feedback after I've posted, but that is not mandatory. And feedback is voluntary, and feedback is essentially meaningless for a buyer.

So, why do you ask?

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply