Where have all the items gone?

ab57fg
Community Member

Ebay strikes again with their crackpot ideas!

95 % of listings in the cars/bikes/boats categories have vanished due, presumably, to the latest set of category changes.

If I can't see the listings, I can't buy, and the sellers are being charged for a service they aren't getting(i.e. customers seeing their products)

Will ebay refund these sellers for loss of traffic due to these ridiculous changes?

Like the previous decision to remove won items from the summary page, this needs to be changed back.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Where have all the items gone?

I listed a Buy It Now item yesterday morning, it cannot be seen in searches.

I believe it is all Ebays plot to pee off sellers, destroy our businesses by reducing our sales by stealth (no visibility)  so we simply go away.  They do not want us small timers, they have made it very clear in messages last few months. 

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

Thanks for the idea suitcase-of-memories.

I just talked to ebay about my complaint of 4 days ago about my listing missing from the classical LP genre, especially as they didn't fix it, but this morning sent me a survey on how they did......

Let's not go into detail how that survey will be filled in.

However I put the comment to the phone assistant along suitcases lines of suggestion, that I had paid a listing fee including their own item specifics and the advert in effect is hidden in amongst "General unclassified adverts"  Like selling a Holden car in cars in the paper, and having it appear in General items for sale and not under 'H' in "Cars"

I highlighted that after I hear from the original lady I notified on Wednesday (It's Sunday today, she ain't there)  I will be seeking a listing fee refund on my incorrectly placed advert.

I would suggest other sellers take similar action.

Interestingly his ears pricked up when I said even eBay is missing out on a heap of FVF on this one and some programmers butt needed kicking.

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

In australia......the dept of fair trading is the governmental body who swings the big stick if you pay for a service but do not receive that service or the service was not of merchandisable quality.

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

Well here we go again ebay have done what they did 12 18 months ago and redirectored stuff into othe places

It didn't work then and wont work now and it took months for them to fix it last time but it wasn't there fault it was our fault cos we didn't accept there way of doing things ..

Just because nobody can find anything isn't there fault is it???

So don't complain cos they don't give a rats a*se

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

Ok so it's just a category change fine for those who use all the time and know what they're doing but how do I now search for caravans? Before I just clicked on it because everyone lists them under slightly different names now I can't find any?? Probably right in front of me but it's late and I'm **bleep**ty about the stupid change!

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

This was September last year.

14 MONTHS ago.

I very much doubt your issue is due to that problem.

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

yes my ebay is blank on one of my computers this morning there yesterday gone today all purchase history everything gone but still on my other computer **bleep** is going on there i wonder 

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

You've dragged up a thread that was last posted on 7 YEARS AGO for a problem, not with eBay, but with your computer !!!!

Oh, welcome to the boards, but please start your own thread not drag up old ones please.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 28 of 28
Latest reply