Why are items I choose from Australia, being sent from China?

I wanted some A5 binders. I specifically choose Australia Only, as I wanted them in a couple of days. So I buy from this list, and after I have paid and item has been sent, I find out itโ€™s coming from China.

if I had wanted to wait, I would have bought from there in the first place ๐Ÿ˜ก I hate this, eBay should be stopping these companies using Australian addresses like this...so why are they? ๐Ÿ˜ก

Lynn

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

If the seller you buy from is registered in China, there is a very good chance that is where the item will be posted from

eBay Australia *might* report such sellers to eBay China, but eBay China will not do a thing

A good start at stopping such sellers is from people not to buy from them at all, this is eaily checked by looking at the seller's feedback prior to purchase (it shows on the same page where the seller is registered)

Often even the actaul ad/listing is a dead giveaway from the photos and language used

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Unfortunately it is now necessary to check where a seller's account is registered.

Even then it's not guaranteed the item won't come from China or H.K..

Untitled.png

image host

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If the seller you buy from is registered in China, there is a very good chance that is where the item will be posted from

eBay Australia *might* report such sellers to eBay China, but eBay China will not do a thing

A good start at stopping such sellers is from people not to buy from them at all, this is eaily checked by looking at the seller's feedback prior to purchase (it shows on the same page where the seller is registered)

Often even the actaul ad/listing is a dead giveaway from the photos and language used

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Unfortunately it is now necessary to check where a seller's account is registered.

Even then it's not guaranteed the item won't come from China or H.K..

Untitled.png

image host
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thank you for your replies. That explains a lot. I will, from now on, check to see where the seller is from, though like you you said itโ€™s no guarantee ๐Ÿฅบ

thank you again

lynn

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

If the main consideration is to get them quickly, instead of waiting for weeks for them to arrive from China or wherever, it is also worth having a look at the estimated delivery dates. Only choose ones that show delivery within a few days. 

Even if a seller shows as registered in Australia, if the goods are estimated to arrive a month later, you can bet your bottom dollar the actual item is not in Australia, it's coming from overseas.

Never think to yourself, oh, it might be showing an estimated delivery date that is 3 weeks off but the location is just down the road, it'll be here in a couple of days. Believe me, it won't be.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply